IACV hoses ...

Today, I decided to go ahead & tighten up the white ring/screw thingie as in the TegTips … First off, let me just say what a PITA it was, getting a pair of needlenose pliers to the hose clamps through the vacumn/fuel lines & coolant hose from block to head. I was maneuvering the IACV around to get the clamps to point towards the pliers when the goddamned hose cracked & broke off in two spots !!! It was actually a good thing I decided to do this, as the hoses were in such bad condition, they would have ended up leaking pretty soon while driving … I ended up just cutting the hoses off with my pocketknife.
After I got the old hoses off, I opened the cap, screwed the ring/screw and scraped all the scaling/deposits on the nozzles. I went to Pep Boys & bought a foot of the same diamater fuel line hose, cut it to length, put the clamps on & put the unit back on, good as new !!!
I highly recommend checking & changing those hoses, as it only cost me $1.40 for the foot of fuel line. Those IACV hoses must have been on the car for a LOOOOONG time, as they were very brittle & were very easy to peel apart. Seeing as how hoses are so cheap, I’ll be doing my vacumn lines next … That, or drop the almost brand new B18A I have sitting in my Dad’s garage in my car … :dance:

That valve that you tighten the white thing is called the FITV.

:owned: by fatigue, sorry … Would be nice if I could edit the post … :violin:

yeah, I have replaced a few of those lines and some of the clamps that have become too weak. I had to actually buy the pre-formed hose for one of them, because straight fuel line kinked.