Check Engine Light Came On And No More

the other day i was driving and my check engine light came on, so after 10mins of driving i pulled over and turned off the car and started it back up and it wasn’t there anymore…anyone have a clue why it did that?

thanks

go check ur car for a code

as per what i read in a few writeups about codes… might have been helms also not really sure. it said that a occasional glitch will happen and if it doesnt repeat itself … my mechanic also told me something similar

don’t ignore it or consider it a glitch! just because it goes away doesn’t mean something bad could happen later. get the cel# and go from there.

i got a question on the topic… i get the code for the thermo switch … the one that runs the fans… fans worked before i changed it… they still work fine comin on and off as they should (only one… not both coming on in overheat mode) i still get the code… reset the comp prolly 10x since i changed it tring to work on the idle… its still there

its not on the topic, your just hi-jacking his thread with your own problems. go start your own!

i used to get an intermitant engine light.

it turned out it was my universal fit 02 sensor(code 43 ). once i got a direct fit unit the light stopped coming on.

so what should i be concerned about? it doesn’t go on anymore what is a cel #?

CEL# = check engine light number

when you trigger it (different ways according to year of car) the engine light will flash a number of times in long and short bursts. depending on your car the light might be located on your ECU. Depending on the code… Ie Code 43. you can narrow down what is causing the check engine light to come on.

Do a search on CEL or Check engine light. and there are lots of info. Plus there is a listing of all the CEL#'s and what they mean.

will it give me the code # even if my light doesn’t go on anymore?

yes, it is stored in the computer until you reset it.

What year is your Integra?

90-91 turn the key off, pull hte carpet back in the passenger side wheel well, then turn the key back to the ON position. Count the number of Short/Long blinks to get the code…

92-93 - I dont know…