Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

901 LS into a 93 LS >.. wiring is way different?

Collapse
X

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad just called and said he was looking at our planned swap (timing belt etc coming tuesday) and he says a lot of the connectors are way different -- round vs oblong, etc... is this true?

the 90 is OBD-0, the 93 is OBD-1. connectors for some stuff is different. read the motor swap guide in the teg tips - will explain OBD stuff.

Comment

you need to use your 90-91 dist. and injectors..everything else should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by pleather
        you need to use your 90-91 dist. and injectors..everything else should be ok
        then u would need the 90-91 resisterbox

since its 90-91 engine to 93 car
        try to use 93 injectors/distruator ...
        wiring should match up

Comment

ok, which ECU? The 93 auto or the 91 stick?

Comment

you will need to use the 93 obd1 auto, are you doing auto/manual conversion also?. Buy intake manifold gasket and install 93 intake manifold onto 90 block, you do not need to use your 90 injectors or distributor [just give them to me j/k]. The engine harness might also need to be swapped to plug in the distributor and such [obd1]. One last thing is sensors, plug them all back in while the motor is out, belive me it is a pain to do this while the motor is installed as you could imagine. I am close I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by revhighschoolin
              you will need to use the 93 obd1 auto, are you doing auto/manual conversion also?. Buy intake manifold gasket and install 93 intake manifold onto 90 block, you do not need to use your 90 injectors or distributor [just give them to me j/k]. The engine harness might also need to be swapped to plug in the distributor and such [obd1]. One last thing is sensors, plug them all back in while the motor is out, belive me it is a pain to do this while the motor is installed as you could imagine. I am close I could help.

right on, that'll help a lot. The stuff I don't use I can use to put my rebuilt 93 into my brother's 91, right? The opposite parts (IM, harness, inj/distributer) ?

Comment

not if you give them to me.

Comment

yo, hit me up on aim ( irresponsibleOT ) about that underdash wiring harness

Comment

no aim!? email me and I can email you with my number. Thanks

Comment

[email protected]

Comment

[email protected]

woops

Comment

Originally posted by revhighschoolin

YGM homie

Comment

It sounds like you're putting a '90/'91 engine into a '93...

If you're in CA, you may not be able to pass smog -- I think you can only put in engines newer than your chasis. Just something to look into before you do the swap.

Comment

that's what i thought too, but now i'm told as long as the motor was still offered in your year you're ok -- so i could put it in a '98 even

but that would be even worse

Comment

Working...
                              X