doing alot of work on car.. any sugestions?

all of this is being done to the 2nd teg… not the one ive been having that has a shitload of problems… as when its totaly fixed up and good driving i will move the rims,exhaust, etc over to it and drive it and get rid of the junky one

im buying alot of parts for the car and doing some myself and some im paying somebody to do

im ordering parts online so if there are any cheap parts that i should replace let me know and ill look into them too

im going to get the timing belt changed by my mechanic… acura belt/tentioner the waterpump is just a tad over a year old from previous owner so im not gonna worry about that as funds are limited (only changing timing belt as a precaution as the motor is in perfect shape no oil burning or anything and dont want anything to happen) we thing the belt may be slightly overtightened which causes the wine it makes at higher rpm and dont want a premature failure and a dead motor

while the mechanic is doing that we are getting the cam seals,cam plug, valvecover gasket and grommets changed

after that is done we are going to change the front motor mount… blower resistor… blower… expansion valve… also going to change the cowl grommets that leak water into the passanger side of the car

anybody has any other sugestions for smaller cheap parts to change… maybe motor wise when the valvecover is off etc… and for those who are going to say it… we are going ot have the water pump checked out… and if its spinning good with no play it will be left

How are the brakes? Might think about the Master Cylinder, as they go out in our older cars.

redid calipers,pads, rotors already under the warrenty i had so they were free except rotors… the booster was replaced by the last owner so i wouldnt be suprized if he changed the master cyl too… since the car does have 170k miles on the chassis

:bs:

im going to get the timing belt changed by my mechanic… acura belt/tentioner the waterpump is just a tad over a year old from previous owner so im not gonna worry about that

ALWAYS CHANGE THE WATER PUMP WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR TIMING BELT
THEY ARE NOT THAT EXPENSSIVE TO JUST LET IT GO

just because the booster was replaced doesn’t mean the master cylinder was too. why in the world would you trust that logic? when in doubt, change it out.

well mainly i was looking for things that i could change while i had it apart… the master cyl u can change with pretty little effort at a later date if it does go out

as for the waterpump part… im only gonna change it if its failing… all these seals and shit are costin alot of money as it is when there aint none

and when u say its not much… whats your income like?.. because 105+tax aint exactly cheap

i think i just paid around $53 for a water pump (reman). think about it though its a year old an it could go bad any time then your gonna have to pay someone to put it and that’s twice the labor. do it while your in there. if people don’t wanna spend money on there cars i send them to another shop or i don’t guarantee any work i do

your gonna hear it from other people now on the reman deal lol… my first teg has a advance reman in it… i could swap out the acura one in the other car for a new one of those… but i dunno about it… if its in good shape why risk it?

i think it was 32 or 38 for the reman waterpump i got…

Definitely get that water pump replaced… You’re already paying for all the labor. The water pump shouldn’t run more than $60 for the Acura part. Just replace it and not have to worry about it for another 60k miles. If you were replacing it on your own – maybe you could let it slide, but when you’re paying someone and it won’t cost you additional labor, just get the part swapped.

My timing belt snapped on me, and I had to replace the belt. So i was paying my mechanic to put me in a new belt, and he charged me 140 bucks. So I was like fuck it change my waterpump. I bought all the parts from acura, and the total cost was 320. He didn’t charge me extra for the pump it’s just four screws to get out.

My old waterpump seemed good except for it had a lot of rust on it on inside blades. It turned freely, and didn’t had any leaks. I had already bought the new one and I didn’t know if i should have left it there and saved some 60 bucks for the new pump.

it does cost additional labor… .6 hours… so tahts around $55

then tell your mechanic to kiss your ass if he cant just put it in :jerkoff:

down here everybody goes by book labor costs… and everything lists that as a extra labor cost… newest alldata shows it as .5 hours… im sure i could print that and he would give me that price… but its still not free

whats the labor rate going for around there

Sucks then my mechanic took three hours to do all the job at a price of 140 for everything. Thats for changing timing belt and water pump.

labor rate is $75-95 now… my mechanic is $70-75 (depends on how booked he is at the time)

when he changed the belt and pump on my car it was around $375… that included the belt… i supplied the pump… cam seals… cam plug… etc