pass. axle removed, should fluid leak out?

should it?
it should, i think… right?

when i pulled my axle out today, after it snapping on me when my castle nut on my lower ball joint came off… i pulled the axle out, and no fluids came out…

it did to me before, but… just as a for sure check…

cause then im not sure if i’d be low on transmission fluid also… PITA to get under there to check the level…

thanks

edit:

and im sure i filled it up with 2.4 or 2.5 qts of 10w30 about 6 days before, and i have not seen any types of leak from the tranny…

Usually a little oil leaks out. the best way to check the level is to 1) put the car level on jack stands 2) remove the bolt above the tranny drain hole. The oil inside should be level with the bottom of the threaded hole in the tranny housing, that you pulled the bolt out of.

my car is a PITA to get on jack stands…

i have to first drive onto bricks, then get scissor jacks under one side, jack it up, put a jack under, remove scissor jack, then same for the other side, then i can get it up…

bah…

Dude, you NEED to get a set of those Rhino ramps, they’ll make your life a hell of a lot easier …

If you only jack up the passenger side of the car, the tranny fluid usually doesn’t leak out. How convenient. Is that spelled right?

i replaced my driver’s side axle today and didn’t drain the fluid. nothing leaked out.

The drivers side has a intermediate-shaft, so no need to worry.

i wasn’t worried, i was just stating. but you just taught me something new.