FITV white plastic to screw in???

so i read the teg tips about screwing in a piece of plastic in the FITV… I proceeded and when i got to the inside of the FITV there was a piece of white plastic but nothing to screw in. Inbetween the white plastic was a metal plunger type valve. So, did i not get to the FITV or do automatic integras differ from manual integras? I have an automatic.

that big white ring around the plug… has 2 notches in it… screw that in. its just a big ring, not a screw. i was thinking the same thing you are when i first tried it. its not too hard. i used a pair of sicors and stuck an end in each notch to screw it in. just keep going until it stops. mine went in really far. idles perfect now :up:

This is a side by side comparison of the old (maladjusted FITV) on the right and a new one on the left:

Notice where the plunger is on the older one. Its all the way to the back of the valve body whereas the new one’s plastic valve is all the way up.

Here’s another comparison of what the valve should look like after you screw the white/yellow piece back into the valve body. Use a flat head screwdriver and turn clockwise.

A final picture showing how the old valve looks when its been readjusted:

nice archon :up:

dont tell me you just went out and took those pics :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I took those a couple of weeks ago when I following Ogle’s idle fixes. When I saw my plunger all the way out, I knew I had found the problems so I took some pictures to save the noobies some time.

pics don’t show, can you get them up? appreciate it.

thanks everybody, let me go try again.

No, I can’t. My T-1 is not running right at the moment. Try again later.

nevermind, the pics show now. thanks though

my car used to idle properly, then a few weeks ago I yanked the backup fuse to reset the ECU, and after running the car a while it warm idles at 500 rpm, I tried resetting the ECU again with the same result. could this be a sensor problem, or one of these valves somehow got screwed up?

Bump - T1’s fixed