EF Radiator in G2

I tried searching, but only found info for a EG radiator. I was just wondering if a 90-91 Civic Si radiator will fit our cars. I have one under lifetime warranty, metal tanks, and mine is currently leaking from the cap (cracked). Anyways, on my other G2, I had the radiator shop replace the top tank with one froma Civic (EF) and it worked no probs. SO will the whole radiator fit on my other teg?
Please help, I’m losing a lot of coolant every week.

Thanks
Vic
civic90zc@yahoo.com

Ahh, come on, someones got to have tried this, maybe I’ll just have to give it a shot and see if it works…anyone…Bueller? Anyone?

Vic

Since stock integra’s have a 1.8 liter engine I’d stick with the long radiator to be able to cool the engine down properly. If you were to switch over to a b16 engine then a smaller radiator should be able to handle the engine just like in a civic si.

um, what? my stock dual coil del Sol radiator handles my CR-VTEC perfectly fine…but that’s beside the point. I think you’re getting the EG and EF radiators mixed up. the EG has the half sized one, but it works just fine. the EF is a long radiator just like a DA, but I’m not sure if it would fit without modding. I am sure it can be fitted pretty easily though.

dont quote me, but i think the EFs are full length, just not dual core. anyone confirm? mr ogle?

that’s what I said…

So this is what I’m getting so far…the 88-91 Civic EF radiator is a single core, it might fit the DA but won’t be able to cool it as well? Is this something I can use temporarily until I get a fluidyne etc.

However, I still don’t understand. When I had my radiator on my GS fixed, the shop used the plastic top tank from a EF civic and it fit fine. So if the civic rads aren’t dual core, how is it that the top tank still fits my radiator?

Thanks again
VIc

OK here’s what I found out. The EF radiator will fit in our car, however, it’s a skinny little piece of crap. So, I went ahead and talked to the guy at autozone, gave him my DA radiator (but returned it as a EF) and got a refund. I then purchased my 2 row DA radiator for $50 less.
So it all worked out…however, I need to do a search to find out why my freaking cooling fan is staying on after I turn the car on. The car doesn’t even get hot and it still stays on for like 10 minutes…sometimes it doesnt stay on at all.
Any help, thanks for saving me a search…if not I’ll be looking later.
Vic
integraduo@sbcglobal.net

the piece of advice I can give you is to not go to autozone for advice on Integra’s, they dont know anything.