I searched but still have a question about NO ppm

i failed for the freakin 3rd time i passed everything but the NO ppm

15mph limit 907 result 1367
25mph limit 820 result 1355

so basicly the end of the month is drawing near and i need to pass
any tips would HELP!!! oh this is in VA

when i did a search i read about some guy in georgia putting a sock on this TB??? or just buying some gas stuff

i dont know
help me out

Yeah that gas stuff really works, I know this first hand. It’s called heet buy two bottles and use it with half a tank. Heet is used as an antifreeze for your gas and to remove water from your gas, so the car wont run as good until you use that stuff up. It wont do any damage if you use it.

would walmart have this stuff? i plan on changing the oil “again” adding this stuff and prolly having my friend mess with the timming

i am gonna just sell this DAMN car if this doesn’t work! Anyone else? i am open to just about ANYTHING!!!

yeah walmart sells it for like $1.50 a bottle or so. try taking one plug out!! :shrug: 1/4 less gas being used = 1/4 less on your smog test :shrug:

i just came back from walmart and didn’t see this HEET stuff…so i bought some max life oil, fuel injection cleaner and octane booster.
i’ll hit advance tomorrow morn

any other words of advice on getting these numbers down?

oh also my gas light is on so i’ll get a half a tank tomorrow
which grade is best?

i dont think removing a plug would be the answer. unburnt fuel creates more contaminates. for my test i used my vafc to lean everything out and i was well under the requirements. so im assuming a missing plugs would cause some pretty bad test results.

it would help us a lot if you told us what you’ve done to the car maintanence and mod wise.

• what mods do you have on ?
  • what maintanence stuff have you done?(spark plugs, air filter…etc)
  • when was o2 sensor replaced(if at all)
  • how old is the cat
  • what is the timing set at?(14btc is good for smog test)
  • use the grade of gas recommended for your car

we need a lot more information from you to help you out.

I have many aftermarket parts but haven’t put anything on

its a STOCK B17 with a aftermarket intake thats all! I changed the oil, plugs and wires thats it.

i have a Vafc but i haven’t hooked it up yet…

well theres still other parts you have yet to replace as part of maintance(fuel filter, distributor cap/rotor…etc). changing plugs and wires won’t make that much of a difference in smog reduction. and like i asked before, how old is the o2 sensor and cat? chances are both could not be functioning efficiently and need replacing. put back on your stock intake too.

word. O2 sensor and cat. Borrow a friend if your a tight… I mean tight on flow.

i just bought a new o2 sensor and as for the cat is the stock system. My friend has a 92 SEr with a rebuilt motor that he built and we actually went through emmisions at the same time…here is the joke

these are my readings stock b17

15mph limit 907 result- 1367
25mph limit 820 result- 1355

and here are his sr20 whatever is in there

15mph limit 920 4587
25mph limit 900 5845

damn we laughed our ass off! The emmision guy damn near fell out
he said he never in 10 yrs seen these numbers before.

well if the cat is stock, then its time to replace it.