Cam plug leaking

I have the famous leaking stock cam plug. What is the best brand/type to install so it won’t leak again? Same for the valve cover gasket. Any suggestions on what else i should replace, modify, look at when i have the valve cover off?

stocks fine… the car is 11 + years old… the old ones get all hard and nasty.

i replaced mine with stockers and its sealed tighter than a drum. Just remember the dabs of sealant on the edges of the end caps.

:werd: I just got em from an auto parts store…cheapest “OE” like they had…

I doubt B18’s need Mugen cam plugs/gaskets

STR has good aluminum cam seals. Looks nice too.

Go to Acura and get an OEM one. They are only a few dollars and well worth it. STR= :gotrice:

I just reused my old seal, used a rubber o-ring from leftover sprinkler parts + rtv, tight as a drum, no leaks !!! :ghetto:, but it works like a charm …

http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?action=search

STR cam seal is “rice”?

It’s a funcional part. Aluminum wont deteriorate like plastic/rubber will. I"ve had an STR cam seal for 3 or 4 years, never had a problem.

i guess i’m a ricer then too :think: …

oem,
part # 12513-p30-000.

dont forget valve cover gasket and o-rings in case the havent been changed in a while.

I like the clear coat one. Blends nice with the motor. APC=rice
Make sure your pvc system is working good too.
Helps your seals and gaskets last longer.

don’t the OEM ones from a 96 up GSR or so have a rubber o-ring so tehy won’t leak?

this is true,

you can also use the gsr cam plug too.

You should also adjust the vavles. :manual:

the str has two

what auto parts store did you get it from because i need to change mine and whats the part # for it at auto parts store

Using my honda catalog I ordered one for a 97 integra, its hard plastic with an O ring, no leaks as of yet.

Alan

so if i order a 97 one will it fit on my b18a?

Advance Autoparts… Dunno if they have one in your area :shrug:

but if 93HorizongrayDA did it… go for that :up: