Help on IACV coolant hoses removal!!!

I was trying to remove the iacv on my 92teg to clean that sucker out. After i take off the bolts, i couldn’t get those two damn coolant hoses off. so i ended up not cleaning it. the hoses seem really tight and i’m afraid they’ll break if i try to force them out of there. any suggestion anyone? i’m thinking about getting some replacement hoses just incase they do break but i don’t know what size they are and where to get them. any suggestion would help.

thanks

You just have to pull really hard. You can get a flathead screwdrive to help pry the hose away at the end, but be careful not to tear the hose. When I did mine, I pulled over and over and about wanted to kill the thing, but it finally came loose and squirted me with old coolant (so be careful of your eyes when you do this!). After you get it off, it will slide on/off easier.

i didn’t get enough room to really work and pull on the hose. did you take anything off to get more space to work?

thanks

Get a pair of 90° pliers.

The only thing I took off was the two 12mm bolts that hold on the IACV to the IM, then I held the hose closest to me best I could and pulled hard (a little twist too). But if you can get the tool described above, I’m sure it would help tremendously.