Engine Check light came on......code 43?

I have a 91 RS with DC headers, Aem CAI, Tanabi Racing medallion exhaust…and thats all for engine mods. Ok, my engine check light came on. My friend checked it out and found that the code was 43. I looked it up on the website and it was “Fuel Supply System”. Now i’m still a noob, so i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the problem could be and what it would cost to have someone fix it. Any response will greatly appreciated.

o2 sensor.

isn’t the code for o2 sensor 41?

The Generation 2 Integra Club and those posting these tips stress that performing these tips/tricks are at your own risk.
No one will be held liable for error / injury but yourself.

ECU Codes.

Depending on which year your Teg is, there are two different ways to check your ECU code.

1990 and 1991 Tegs:
Your ECU is located under the carpet on the passenger side of the car. You have to pull back on the carpet to expose the ECU which is brass in color. There is a circular window on the face of it with red LED in it. This LED will blink and this is where you read your code.
To get the LED to blink, you must turn the car to the “ON” position but do not start it. The LED will blink with slow blinks and with fast blinks. If you have four slow and two fast, that is code 42.

1992 and 1993 Tegs:
Your ECU is located in the same spot as 90-91’s but you won’t be reading the code off the ECU. For you, you must jump a connector and then your Check Engine light will blink to tell you the code.
The connector you must jump is located under the glove box and should be green in color. How to jump – Helms: Chapter 11 page 40

-Steve

0 - ECU
1 - Oxygen Sensor
3 - MAP Sensor
5 - MAP Sensor
6 - Crank Angle
7 - Throttle Angle
8 - TDC Position
9 - No. 1 Cylinder Position
10 - Intake Air Temperature
12 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
13 - Atmosphere Pressure
14 - Electronic Air Control
15 - Ignition Output Signal
16 - Fuel Injector
17 - Vehicle Speed Sensor
20 - Electronic Load Detector
22 - VTEC System Malfunction
23 - Knock Sensor
41 - O2 Sensor
43 - Fuel Supply System
45 - System Too Rich or Too Lean
48 - Primarry Heated O2 Sensor
54 - Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation Sensor
61 - Primary O2 Sensor Circuit
63 - Secondary O2 Sensor Circuit
67 - Catalyst System
70 - Automatic Transaxle
71-74 - Random Misfire
80 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation
86 - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit
90 - Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected
91 - Fuel Tank Pressure Circuit
92 - Evaporative Emission Control System Insufficient

NOTE: Some trouble codes are not listed for certain models and some codes only apply to California cars.

BR
mynameisbr1@home.com

© G2IC.com 1997-2002. All Rights Reserved.

Had the same problem 4 months ago racked my brain thinking the regulator, fuel injectors, fuel pump… turned out to be the fuel filter being clogged which didn’t make much sense since i just replaced it 5 months earlier but thats what it was… had some nice brown chunks in it…

how do i check the fuel filter?

i have a 92 teg, and when i jump the connector, the check engine light just came on with out any flashes. does that mean i don’t have any problem? or am i doing something wrong.

thanks

sorry man, for a 92 I wouldn’t know.