question about the ram air mod?

Has anyone tried the “RAM” air modification on the tech tips page? Was there a difference when you did it?

I noticed something different too. Was yours a 92-93? I tried doing the mod on my 92-93 and found that the horn isn’t in the same place and there isn’t nearly as much clearance as the teg tip suggested. Is the teg tip only for 90-91?

91-93 RAM AIR with GUMPTION

youre right, the clearance is diffrent, so heres what i did…
left the entire factory air box as is, lowere collection ESPECIALLY considering the rain im gonna suck up with this rig…
the end rubber peice, and the little grate that it sticks right to your hood)- remove them and reverese the grate in the rubber end-peice putting it back in the same hole backwards… you should see your horn chillin there on the right side of your hood latch… unscrew it and slide it off to the right and forget about it… if you reach down that hole in front of your radiator youll find that you can wedge that rubber peice neatly between a metal rod and your front grille; with the small rubber flap under the top and the large one wedged over that metal bar (not the one with the heat coils, the small one)(heat is bad for rubber)… you probably see where this is going… if you did it right, the little plastic grate is now kinda angled upward towards the hole in front of your radiator… now the lame part, to be followed by the fun part: get a saw or a hot knife or some snips if you got better ones than i have and cut the end of that cold air hose to make it straight(it bends up now)… now simply run 3" dryer ducting, similar to the tegtip ram air, and connect it to the rubber peice… i went a bit further in turning two entire slots in my front grille to a massive air scoup for mine DUCT TAPE foundation for tennsion, and a thorough several layers of aluminum tape for strengthe and water tightness… ill send pics to the tegtips once im moved into my new apartment, the car should be running later this week if i can figure out this whole add vtec wiring thing.
peace
Noathan on AIM/Yahooo

Can’t wait for the pics!