Header burned wires coming out of block

I just noticed that my dc 4-1 headers burned through a set wires going into my block. if you are looking down at the header front the front of the car, the wires coming straight out of the block towards the pipe coming out of cyclinder 4. the wires are all black as far as i can tell and there are 3 of them. the wire runs along the back of the radiator fan and into the corner in front of the battery. i can’t really see inside so i dont know what it connect to exactly. my car obviously still runs, but i was wondering what this wire set is for in particular. no digicam for pics at the moment. any help would be great. thanks in advance.

sounds like the block heater, as far as i remember those are the only wires coming out of the front of the block.

update: the wire is a female orange 3-pin connector.

block heater for sure, if you want a new one, let me know.

in my chilton’s it says that it is a knock sensor. only on the b17. so i’m guessing thats it. there was no picture, but the location was on the spot and that’s the only thing there. so i guess thats what it is. (i’d rather it be a block heater though cause i don’t need that, but i need the knock sensor, lol)

do you have a gsr?

yea, thats why i think its the knock sensor :slight_smile: