Battery Light Flashes at high RPM

when im driving at a high rpm anywhere around 5500 or 6000 the battery light flickers. i can say this might be my alternator because i just replaced it. but that doesnt mean the alternator is going bad is it?

It sounds like the alternator is hooked up wrong…?

The higher you rev, do the brighter your accesory lights get? If you just put it in, and got the problem, I would get it tested. Or just exchange it for a different one.

Or make sure its hooked up properly.

the brightness of the lights changes when i get on the brakes. at high rpm the brightness doesnt change. im thinking that it could be overcharging since its spinning so fast?

Definitely the alternator. If it’s not hooked up wrong, then it sounds like you have a defective alternator. Get it warrantied and replace it!

In the meantime, don’t rev past 3,000 if you can help it. If the alternator is bad, than you are pumping your battery with too much juice when you rev high, and it could cause it to bust (or at the very least go bad).

Do a search on this, it’s been covered fairly recently because of others who have had the same kinda prob.

EDIT: Bumped into the thread I was thinking about http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103866