Master Cylinder gonner!

Ok I jsut found ou that my master cylinder is shot and I need a new one, anyone else had this problem? And I just bought the car

Mine was going bad when I bought the car. seems to be a somewhat common problem

its a common problem with cars this old. fix it now before some bad happens during the rainy season.

yeah mine was busted when i got mine. get it fixed.

I sure will, autozone has a new one for 52 dollars.

Be sure to bench bleed it, I bench bled my MC and gravity bled all four wheels. My brakes are sweet. The next item I will upgrade is the rubber brake lines, my RS has over 260K, so the lines can’t have that much more life in them

Yeah get it fixed immediately, unless you want to rearend someone. It’s cheap as dirt to get fixed too it only cost me $80 (cdn funds)

It is really easy to change.

trust me, get it fixed, i had this same problem just a few weeks ago, and it got so bad that i needed to use my e-brake a few times untill i got it fixed at the dealership. it cost more than u want to kno, so my advice is to do it ur self

^werd
i took mine to the shop it cost alot, totally not worth it. i didnt know how to do it myself and i dont wanna cause danger to myself or others, so i was just like fuck it i’ll pay someone to have it done. :bawl:

it isn’t that hard. I did mine without even having a real manual, just the Haynes crap.

Ok brake master cylinder replacement complete, It was pretty easy. All it cost me was for the brake fluid, the master cylinder and that is it. about 42 bucks

how much of a bitch is it to bleed the lines. Figure all i had to do was bleed the lines; how much time does it take to do it PROPERLY?

If all 4 wheels are off, you can replace all the fluid in under an hour. That said, I tried to use valvoline synpower when I put on my SS brake lines, and never got the pedal to feel good. I flushed all that out and refilled with Castrol GTLMA, and things are much better.