Engine rebuild

I need advice on what to do about an engine rebuild. I have a 93 Integra LS. I want to make it as fast as I can. With out going crazy!

:search:

how much money do you have to spend? how much power do you want? whats too “crazy”? do you want to go NA or FI? are you doing the work yourself? have you SEARCHED? that is such a vague question… why dont you narrow it down a little bit so you can get some help. why does the motor need to be rebuilt? is there something wrong with it? are you looking for work you can do yourself or work you can have someone else do? i personally think you need one of these…
that should make you go real fast!!! :giggle: just playin…
but seriously… a little more info would be a good idea if you want help.
(or you are gonna end up with bullshit answers like mine :ok: )

:lol: :lol:

rebuile reason

The reason I want to rebuild is because my engine has 178K on it. I am looking to buy the parts I need and having someone else do it. I also want to put a turbo on it.

178k??? man its just getting broken in.

you still havent explained what kind of budget you have… what kind of horsepower you want. etc etc etc.

Yeah, man…178 is nothing if it’s been taken care of at all. My car’s got 170k on the origional motor/tranny, and I use it for drag, autox, everything, and running a 65 shot of nitrous… Just know how to tune everything correctly…

LOL, my car has 235,557, and still running strong. Although I get low gas mileage, but that shit burns rubber, and everything. I can still launch at a pretty good acceleration. JUst fix some other things dude.

You can see my tachometer here.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2994325093

:imgsux:

rebuild

I don’t really know how well the car was taken care of. It runs good, the engine is clean. I want around 250 to 300+ hp. Can I still get that with out rebuilding?

how much do you have to spend???

with enough $$ you can do anything.

and yes you would have to rebuild that motor for thank kind of power.

you sound like you are very young… and have very limited experience dealing with integras. To build a dependable 250-300 whp engine you will be probably shelling out close to $10,000

it sounds like you need to do some research yourself and decide what you really can afford/do.

Yes I am young (21) and don,t know much about this. I am trying to get peoples opinions on what to do. I am in the Air Force, and I want to make this my hobby. I have about $5K. I want to know how much I can get done with that. Just to start. Thanks.

Where are you located? You could probably build one and get a used kit for around your budget, but buying brand new parts to handle turbo with that power goal is going to be hard to do. How much psi is a ls good for stock??7-8psi? I want to sleeve one, but I don’t have money like that right now.

Never mind I see where you are from, but if you plan on having someone else do the work then you are looking at a lot of money man.

Just reloacate to the land of exotic princess and have armed ferret do the work for you for some ferret food. Just an idea, since he’s in the airforce also. :blah:

I need a fuel pump. I am looking around. I found a Walbro high pressure 255 lph fuel pump. Will that work with an all stock engine?

here man,
read this
G2IC Turbo Guide