Tranny diagnosis.

i need your help guys.
i have a s1 b16 cable tranny. today this happened:
drove down the road, i take it out of a gear and cant put it in the gear anymore.
i had to shut the car off, then i was able to put it in the 1st gear.
as i drove, it was harder and harder to shift… i actually had to make an effort to jam the gears in.
noise that i observed: grinding/ringing type of noise when the pedal is down and i am trying to put it in any gear, then release the pedal press it again while putting in the gear and the same noise appears.
on the hoist while i am putting it into the 1st gear my wheel is making 1/4 of a turn without me realesing the clutch with the exact same noise.
my question is, do you guys think its the clutch problem as it doesnt disengage properly and so are the following reasons:
1)lining broken on the clutch disc
2)the spring on the clutch disc is ripped or broken
3)diaphram is broken
or do you guys think its inside my tranny?
i really need your opinions before i open it up. please.
any advices are apreciated.
thanks in advance.

:wave: bye bye clutch. good luck mang.

did u drain your fluid cause this happen to me last week.I DID THAT AND NOW IT SHIFTs. I WAS DOWN A HALF qT opps didnt mean to yell lol now i have found a leek so i will be pulling it on my days off

you sure its my clutch?
i should drive as least as possible then, so no further damage to the tranny occur?
and yea, i checked my fluid, i am fine. its full.

the problem SHOULD be the pressure plate. broken diaphram “fingers”. don’t drive it like that. either way, your still gonna have to pull the tranny to find out. good luck and let us know what happens…

in any case… if it makes funny noises i think itd be best to take it apart and see what’s up

Put a glove on before reaching under his dress :stuck_out_tongue:

damn guy… i am not into the mood for jokes.
i think its the pilot bearing.
as it squeeks when i press the pedal down.
does anyone know what should the correct spec for the freeplay on the clutch pedal?

Sounds clutch related. You can always pull off the inspection cover.

anyone knows good links, where to get the clutch kit cheaper?
thanks.