how can i losen that DAMn SCREW

im trying to change my distributor rotor and the SCREW is not coming off or budging, i tried pliers needle nose and hex key’s its not budging and some of the rotor broke off, how can i losen that DAMn SCREW. It’s on there very hard
As you can see its not a phillips screw so i have no idea what to do right now
this is a pic of the one im trying to put on and thats how the screw looks on the rotor on the car

you probably stripped it already. try using vise grips and a vise to hold it

If it’s not stripped, get a longer handled allen wrench and try again. If it is stripped, you could try getting a clamp and clamping it down then using that to turn it.

wasn’t there some product? liquid wrench or something like that

weird looking screw never seen one like that
if u striped it
there are screw extractors? at sears
just goto sears and ask the peeps that work there

Put the hex wrench in it and give it a good smack with a hammer and it should come loose. That usually works for me.

There are hex sockets, get one and add a breaker bar haha

i got it out wtih a 5’ vise grip by craftsman with that gripping handles :clap:
the old one was all rusted and corodded, and the car feels a tad bit better with idle and starting up. next project is to redo ground wires with some 4guage wires

Try a impact driver.

i got it out :ok:

good you got it out. but for anyone else another tip i got from a mechanic is to just break off the end of the rotor the just use some vise grips.

i had an old motorcycle, every bolt i took out was rusted in, and i used a dremel to cut slots in them all, the vibration helped i’m sure, and then i used a screwdriver to get them out

same thing happen to me…lol
screw out didnt even work…

lucky paul(posjr) worked his magic and got it out …

that dam h22a da is monsterous even without a chiped ecu
:clap:

my GF’s 1.6 el has the same problem right now

Its driving me nuts… vice grips here I come!

5inch vice grips with a rubber grip got it out for me :clap:

I didn’t get to it last night, so it looks like it will have to wait for tomorrow.