Seat upholstery swap

The seats in my DA are all torn up and I have an extra set of seats with perfect fabric on them but one of them is bent to the point where it will not mount in the car. Is it possible to take the upholstery off of the damaged seat and mount it onto the torn one I have in the car now and what would be the best way to do it. thanks in advance

Yes you can swap over the covers from one seat to another. I just did a seat bottom today and it worked out great. I have done a whole interior (fronts and rear) so i knew what i was doing but its pretty easy. all you do is remove those little metal rings that hold the covers on and then reinstall them again. Some might say you need special tools or something but i used kneedle nose pliers and just regular pliers and i got the job done. The only real hard part is on the seat bottom where there are metal rods that go from side to side and there is a little channel that the rods go in and its kinda hard to get at the rings but its really not that bad. Just take your time and you should be fine. You will see once you start tearing apart the bent up seats and you will figure it all out. Good luck and if you have any other questions just ask. Oh and when you are going to reinstall the rings make sure they are all opened up a little so you can get them around the mounting points easier. I would hold the ring with the kneedle nose and then use the bigger pliers to close the ring again.

buy yourself some hog ring plyers and hog rings and its all easy from there jus take your time puting the seat covers back together

Thanks for the help, i’ll probably tackle this next weekend and let you know how it goes

I make and install upholstery professionally. I will have the write for upholstery removal and installation completed late this week. Check our sponsor forum (Leatherseats.com) for updates.

He is right in the fact that you dont NEED hog ring pliers to get the job done, but it will save you a lot of time and headache!