Dash Rattle (speedo?)

Hi
Bad dash buzzzzing sound.
Every time I take the revs up in neutral or in a gear I get a Buzzz from behind the gauge cluster. I’ve discounted the speedo cable but it still does it.
It’s not the motor. it’s not electrical.
it’s in the dash somewhere. anyone got a clue. it’s not a rattle it’s a BUZZZzzzz
I’m going nuts!!!

It’s most definitely not the speedo cable
seems like some dropped a bunch of pennies in the dash. Grrrrrrr

they all do this my car dose it and my frineds car dose it to

I think the sound

It might be the plastic under the driver side dash board since their is two screws that you screw in and if they are not screwed in they rattle. It might be that so look under dashboard on driver side and their is a huge plastic dashboard that has two screws tightned then

It’s not the plastic panel under the dash. seems very metallic.
The higher I bring the revs the louder the sound. sounds more like a
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound. Im going to have to drop the dash

replace the cable had same problem . i replace it an it went away

it only happens to me when its very cold out. Its the speedo cable. Either it needs more grease or you need a new cable.

Sounds sort of like a chicken scratching away at something lol?

new cable ah…
I had the outer housing still in the dash but the drive wire was pulled. You still think it’s the speedo cable???
Yes chicken scratching away at something lol

eh try greasing it up a bunch and see if that helps before you spend money on a new cable. might as well right?

well it’s not the speedo cable, removed everything. cluster cable parts of the dash… Its coming from the firewall at the base of the windshield. can’t hear anything from the engine bay. I give up…:bawl:

Mine does the same exact thing at it drives me crazy to.

I’m heading up a support group kinda like AA but called the DA Dash Rattle Support Group DA.D.R.S.G. we’ll meet down in the basement at the old church on Wednesdays at 7pm each week and discuss the dash rattle and how it effects our life, friends and loved ones. :pupeyes:

haha yea mine rattles like mad when its cold out. sounds like the cab of a freightliner COE

just unplug the cable from the tranny and pull the metal cable out and regrease it and put it back in…(fixed)