Custom CF stereo delete plate

trying to delete my whole stereo set up with a CF plate
and set up some gauges in the plate.

any DIY thread?
or any idea of what i could use to cut the plate
without damaging the CF?

dremel?

Dremel or a hole cutter bit with tape around the CF part you’re planning to cut?

I’ve never cut CF before so was just a suggestion… so try at your own risk :smiley:

yup. hybrid’s got it. i use masking tape, as it is easier to take off when you’re done. dremel and sandpaper, FTW.

thanks guys, ended up using one of those tile grinders… didnt come out AS straight but i’ll work with it.
either way, imma put sealant around the plate for a more secure placement.

also used a hole saw to fit in my gauges but i forgot to put masking tape around the cut… so now my cf got a lil messed up.

but i’ll keep it that way… i’ll post up pics in a bit.

You could’ve used the blockoff plate from a CTR I believe. It’s a direct replacement.

are you serious?

wow.
I would have never known.

Yeah but it doesn’t come in CF… or does it?

well faux really.

doesnt look that bad…

i like mines better though, jus saying. :slight_smile:

I masked the entire thing with pianters tape, traced the shape of the hole onto the tape and cut it out with a jig saw. Then cleaned up the edges, I left a little extra so I could fine tune mine. I used a hole saw for my gauge holes also, cleaned them up with a dremel because my saw was a little small.

I also used a piece of 1/4’’ lexan as a backing plate to give it some strength. Not sure how thick your piece of CF is, but couldn’t hurt. I used epoxy to bond the peices together.