Alternative to Canadian seatbelts?

Just came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370241545945&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have been searching around for manual seatbelts, Canadian ones are hard to find. This might work. Are there other alternatives? How about EG or EK seatbelts? What do you think?

“May require modification or adjustments to vehicle”- I think thats the most important thing to realize. You’re going to have to modify the belts to attatch to the vehicle, no matter what belts you choose. Even the Canadian belts require welding to safely be used. Also, the pillar covers are not going to look very good with an automatic track and a top mount location. So you would still probably want to source some Canadian upper pillar covers.

Maybe its just me, but if I’m going to spend that much time/money to convert to manual seatbelts, I definately want to know for sure that the belts I’m putting in weren’t made in some sweatshop that doesn’t believe in quality control and or safety standards. I’ve just heard about so many Ebay parts being garbage, I don’t know if i would trust those seatbelts to save my life in an accident. Just my .02

Aftermarket universal ebay seatbelts. :tsk:

I’d stay away from that auction unless you can see them in person and verify quality. I’d personally stick w/ OEM parts only.

There was another member who used belts from another Honda to convert his car. I want to say he used belts from a 90-93 Accord. But I could be wrong. Some junk yard scavenging might be worth your time. However as mentioned above you won’t be able to get the pillar covers from any other car here stateside. Those will have to come from Canada or Japan.

Even if you get belts from another USDM car w/ manual belts they might be the same price as getting CDM/JDM belts w/o the pillar covers. Typically the pillar covers are the reason why the kits are so expensive, especially because of their large awkward shape which makes shipping difficult.

Personally I say do it right. Wait a little longer, pinch pennies, skip the starbucks for a couple months…whatever it takes and then buy the real deal kit. It’ll make life a lot easier and it’ll make for a much cleaner install.

Yeah, I’d better stay away from ebay. I don’t know what I was thinking. :ghetto:
I searcher around for a while, but I can’t figure out where to get Canadian belts. Anyone?

90-93 accords had auto seatbelts like the DA… not sure he did the swap with those

yeah, i wasn’t really sure, i was pretty sure it was an accord though. a search should get an answer.

ive got 2 untouched da parts cars if anyone wants to talk about manual seat belts

please email me. 1colin(at)gmail(dot)com

oops, double post.

E-mail me too- rollinmyda@yahoo.com

Thanks

heres my e-mail da9gsr@live.com

OP, have you tried putting a WTB ad in the Canada and beyond marketplace? If I know sombebody is looking and I happen to be heading to the junkyard, I’d be happy to try and grab a set as long as the buyer doesn’t flake on me.

I went on some Canadian auto dismantler’s site and filled out a parts request form just to find out the price.
That’s the thing, I don’t wanna flake on someone because I don’t have the cash in hand. Just trying to gather some info.
How much does a set normally run?

The cost of the belts c/w interior trim will cost around $100 +/-. It’s usually the shipping that kills the price.

stateside you’ll see prices in the $200-$300 range after shipping, tax… best case scenario is to find someone here selling em just to make things easy. i sold my extra set for $200 at the beginning of the year and felt that i was giving em away. i should have kept em as i now have friends who are looking.

like you said, its the shipping that kills it when coming from canada or japan…

there is alot of labour involved in removing them properly
i have removed 10+ sets
if it were easy every member in canada would find them and sell them
i have two sets available right now
email me
nickvandecar@aol.com

Thanx for the info. I’ll post in Canadian WTB section when I get some extra cash. :salute:

help

in the next couple months im going to start collecting parts for a full restore on my db1 curious were to get a how to/collect parts for switching seat belts. tryed searching but takes 10 years and i usually end up in a dead end

You gotta find someone in Canada willing to sell them to you… Often there is a member or two who posts in the USA FS/WTB sections willing to offer that service. You could also make a WTB post in the Canadian classifieds.