cluster started buring help

cluster… started burning? bad ground?

the ground on the b attery and ground on car werent tightin down… could that have been the problem? cluster was smoking bad…

took the cluster out and there was only one line burning and it was a black with white or gray dots on it… so does anyone know if that was the ground?

so really noone can help me out? any info would be great but i guess its a hard or never been asked question

Bad grounds don’t melt wires. Direct short positive to negatine causes wires to heat up enough to melt the insulation.

it wasnt the wire on to the cluster it was the FUKin CLuster it self…ill show you

start by ckeckin all your fuses it could have melted together instead of popping and ran itself up to the cluster or it could be something internal inside your cluster ,guages , lights,dummy lights,or maybe something metallic could have fallen in between and shorted the traces on the trace board

in my troubleshooting guide it shows a black/yellow wire in c711 plug that goes into cluster that goes to fuse 24 and also goes to cruise control system

alsogoes directly to charging system indicator light

yea but the B/Y wire is 12volt right? it was the Black wire would have been the ground?

(is C the yellow plug? i dont have C.C.)

Ill check the fuses tomorrow… and see what happend…thanks for the info…

Joe

I’ve had that happen before. Both times the only thing I did was clean & tighten the ground wires for the engine & ECU. (two different cars) you can solder jumper wires to fix your cluster.

i had a ground un hooked from when a body shop fuked it up and it grounded through my speedo cable and melted the needle off of it so yeah make sure your grounds are clean and hooked up

You can replace the electrical backing from other manual clusters.