X

Help!! Wheel hub

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! Wheel hub

I took apart my interior to paint it all up make it a little more presentable and now i cant get the steering wheel hub back around the ignition area. It looks like there is a little O Ring stoping me from proping the casing back into the steering wheel. Anyone have a solution for this iv already damaged the piece trying to get it back in. Got a new one but do not want the same problem.???

sounds like you sniffed to much of the paint.

Comment

How so. The steering week bottom casing will not fit period. the steering wheel bottom sits a bit back.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddaddy View Post
        sounds like you sniffed to much of the paint.
        That was a very insightful post

OP, its been some time since I ve look at or had to deal with a stearing wheel off of the colum but if i remember correctly that ring your refering to goes on a certain way. however I could be wrong about that

I would just take a second look at it, take your time and try it again.

Comment

Yes i found the problem the way the wheel was sitting wouldnt allow it to go in the slot. You need to have the steering wheel exactly straight up and down

Comment

Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
            That was a very insightful post

OP, its been some time since I ve look at or had to deal with a stearing wheel off of the colum but if i remember correctly that ring your refering to goes on a certain way. however I could be wrong about that

I would just take a second look at it, take your time and try it again.
            Yeah yours was MUCH more helpful my 11 year old son could have said as much.
            Trixx91- gald you got your problem fixed. Sometimes it just a second or third look and you can figure things out.

Comment

Working...
            X