Duck Tape

When i bought the car it had duck tape on a panel i fixed the panel but the tape left a residue on the plastic anyone have any ideas on taking this off without scratching at the panel?

Try Goo Gone. Should be able to get it at Canadian Tire, Walmart, etc.

go to advanced and get an adhesive remover. I got a 3M one to get some glue-gunk off of my car a while back.

careful b/c that stuff can melt plastic pretty quick.

Go to Staples and other similar office supply outfits. Elmers has this product for taking out adhesive residue. So far, I have to come across a type of plastic that melts with this.

Yea I think goof off or paint thinner might be the stuff that eats plastics. Goo gone is essentially scented oil.
Can try cooking oil while u are at it. Try a hidden part of the panel first in case oil leaves a wet mark.

soap and water with elbow grease should come off if not try goo gone

Goo Gone eats up plastic? Are you sure about this? If so, never knew that… I thought it was very safe for anything…

WD40
it has a solvent in it

well i tried to use soap and water NO LUCK. any other ideas where i dont gotta waste money lol

Like others said on this thread. Goo Gone or Wd

After that give it a car wash and clay

Yeah others said use goo be gone. but there is about 2 ppl posting that it will eat plastic. AS OTHERS SEEN

OR USE wd-40. You shouldn’t always go by what other people say in here. I’ve learn that by experience.

Goo Gone does not in any shape, way or form eat plastic… I use it all the time on my plastic. Pour a little on the tip of your finger and rub from gentle to aggressive, the left over duct tape will disintegrate literally in seconds. Wipe with a clean dry cloth a presto chango you have a duct tape free surface…