Passenger seat problem

I NEED YALL HELP BADLY:shrug:.yeah i was wondering how to take away the beeping noise after taking out my seat.i took out all 4 bolts that are on the passenger seat but dont know how to take away the (no seatbelt) beeping noise. i have no clue what i should do and would need some tips and advice on what to do and how to fix this problem.thanks

well it depends, are u gonna be putting the seat back in anytime soon? if not, then you’ll have to remove the module box thin in the passenger kick panel. if u are gonna be putting a seat back in… then i suggest u take the seatbelt assembly (buckle n stuff) off of the passenger seat, then plug it into the car. that’ll stop the beeping. u’d need to plug it into the track thing too to make the light go away tho.

thanks man and yeah im going to be removing it for sure. thanks for the help.:up:

if u plan on removing the auto seatbelt module box thingy, that’ll make it stop working which will stop the beeping. when u do this… u can turn (see b pillar) the bolt to make the seabelts stay in the retracted position (all the way back). ur choice tho.

right on for the tip bro

Another easier way to stop the beeping is to take a small piece of wire (such as a small paper clip or similar), bend it into a “U” shape, and sort of stick it into that connector that normally would plug into the seat. It may take a minute to figure out which holes are the right ones, but the beeping will stop.

not the bestest idea. i’ve done that b4. i believe its possible to damage something in the module or something. i did that when i had my passenger seat out cuz i was cleaning it and was letting it dry for a few days.

basically now… (dunno if this is normal or whether i just started noticing it), but whenever the car is on/running, and the passenger door is opened, the seatbelt light flashes, and it also beeps until the door is closed. the belt does go along its entire track without issues, and the light goes off as soon as the door is closed and the track reaches its closed position. but its somewhat irritating cuz i know that the beep also occurs like when it gets jammed up. but it isn’t. so i’m assuming i messed something up in there and gotta figure it out one of these days.

That could be. I’ve had my passenger seat out for 2 months though, with the plug jumpered to stop the beeping, with no apparent ill effects.

Speaking of beeping, I’m really getting tired of my car beeping at me for various things. Where exactly is the device that produces the beeping noise? Somewhere up under the dashboard, I presume. I’d like to put a few layers of duct tape over that thing to muffle the damn beeping.

its at the passenger kick panel. if u wanna stop the beeping remove it. or at least put the seatbelt assembly for the passenger side back in without the seat. if u remove it the seats won’t retract forwards or back n stuff anymore. so u gotta manually put it into the retracted position if u disconnect it when the seatbelt is in the forward position. there is a lil plastic panel that covers the b pillar, takes an allen wrench or something to move it. its quite simple.

Thanks. Actually, I’m not having any issues (beeping or otherwise) related to having the passenger seat removed. I’m thinking of another instance when beeping happens, namely:

Key is turned to “accessory” so the radio can be on, and the car will start beeping if the driver door is opened. Very annoying when you want to have the radio on and the door open (such as when camping or tailgating or fixing something on the car or whatnot). Does the beeping come from the same source as what you just mentioned?

its beeping cuz the door is open. it also does that initially for seatbelt reminder. but if the beeping still comes on while the doors are closed, then see if the door light is illuminated on the cluster. if it isn’t and the door is closed, then u have an issue. could be that ur contacts switch thing (at door jam) are broken and don’t realize that its closed.

Sorry, I don’t think I made myself clear. There is no problem with the car. What I want to do is physically get to whatever object or module is making the beeping and cover it with tape or snip the wire to the speaker or otherwise take away its ability to beep. I don’t want or need the car beeping to tell me the door is open, etc. A great example of a product that is annoying because the engineers tried to design it to be idiot-proof. I can’t think of any reason why the car should beep when the door is open except to prevent the user from locking the keys inside–something I have never done in over 20 years of driving, and if it did happen with this car, I’d just unlock the car using my secret hidden key, which I strongly recommend everyone having, as it gives great peace of mind knowing you can’t get locked out of your own car.

GOTCHA. ok…i dunno if u can actually find a pic of the seat belt module that is located behind the passenger kick panel. if anything its like a relay type of speaker. i say take it out and open the box up, u’ll probably find it. and if u don’t… then u could just wrap that sucker up with some sound deadening material and mount it back up.