odd trunk leak (searchd evry where)

so i have spent about an hour searching and didnt find anything.i have that horibble trunk leak and i completley stripped the rear end of the car. it rained today and noticed some odd ball things.the main one is i noticed some sort of vent on the rear qrt. panels. the thing is one is completly missing. wen i was driving there was a giant cloud of mist entering from that vent . the other is there is water leaking from all over the tail lights. the main entrance is on top of the tail lights. i can actually see a gap between the tail light and the trunk when i have the hatch open. and other very fast drips that seem to be coming from misc. bolts on the tail lights ill try taking pics tomo to be more clear. i don know how to go about fixing it because the gap looks to big for silicone and i also plan on replacing the tail lights . so can i cover up that vent with plastic or will that make my hatch window fog up ?? and tips on covering up the tail lights. anything helps i want to get my back seats in there asap! thanks

first u need a new tail light gasket. order it on acuraautomotiveparts(dot)org

regarding that vent thing, u should temporarily fix it until u can get that part from someone or online.

ya u need tail light gaskets and that gap is normal its about a 1/4-1/2 inch. its to drain the water from the roof… it usually will leak like right at the lower inside corner of your taillight(outside) as for the inside leaking it the gasket no doubt! also that vent. u can ither find some who is parting put a car (for sale threads.) (im parting a 91 GS but i dont have that part ither lol.

x3 about the tail gaskets, or you could use foam tape you could get at any hardware store, works the same way tail light gaskets work and it’s cheaper. I think it can be used to help seal off windows maybe.

Also, did you check to make sure you’re hatch drain tubes were still attached properly/not plugged up? The tubes can be found on both sides of the trunk near where those vent things are. One on the driver side by where the gas tank cable attaches to the door, and one opposite in the same area. They are clear-ish tubes that run up from the top where the hatch meets the car, down to little rubber drain holes that dispense water out of the hatch. If these tubes become plugged, or come out of the drain holes, water can pool up in the trunk. It sounds more like it is the tail lights though, but I’d still check. If the tubes came out of the holes, put them back in and clamp them back on with O clamps or zip ties or something. To check if they’re plugged you can blow air through them. Hope that helps and you get rid of you’re leak :).

I have that side vent, shoot me an email and ill send you pics.

thanks everyone! it was the damn tails!!! so i just had an extra gasket from one aftermarket tail and siliconed it on the driver tail i had to silicone the entire tail light shut because even with the gasket it still leaked but now its still kinda leak free!!! thanks to everyone who helpped!!!

hey BLKACK1 wats your email! mine is padillagabriel91@yahoo.com hit me up with those pics to see if thats the vent please thanks in advance

Sent :up: