Need help fixing sagging door

Hello,

I have noticed that the driver’s side door on my Integra is sagging and starting to rub on the bottom of the door and closing hard. I had the same problem on my Trans Am, and solved it by replacing the door pin and bushings.

I am not so familiar with Honda, so I am wondering if anybody knows if they use the same setup? I can’t seem to get anywhere by searching or reading the factory manual, except to read that the hinges can be adjusted to change the door position and how it lines up.

Would this be the approach I should take to fix my sagging door, or can I get a new pin and bushings to replace the old ones? Thanks,

-Dustin

try this

with the door open loosen the bolts that hold the hinges in place then place a jack uder the door with like a towel in between and slowly jack it up but not very much just enough to where it is straight then tighten the bolts back up and let the jack down hopefully that might work

okay…no. That wouldn’t work at all, because it’s the whole door that’s out of alignment, not the hinge assembly. It’s kind of a pain in the ass, I just fixed mine. You have to remove your fender, and to remove your fender, you have to remove your front bumper. Once all that’s off, have someone help you. Loosen all 4 of the bolts that attach the hinges to the body of the car. then, get something that you can stick between the underside of the door & the body of the car (I used a small Prybar w/ a shop rag around it to not scratch paint. stick it under the front of the door, while you have a friend lift the back. lift it all the way up, as high as it will go. tighten the bolts back up, and close the door to see how it lines up. Repeat the alignment procedure if necessary. It’s a good day project. Mine took a weekend 'cause I pulled the hinges away from the body, ground a bunch of rust out & painted over to seal before I put everything back together.

OK, I have my front bumper off already because of a headlight that I need to fix, so taking the fender off is easy enough.

Why is it that the hinges come out of alignment? Is there some part that wears out? I’m storing the car somewhere else at the moment, so I can’t remember when I looked at it last how the doors bolt up to the body. Is it just a one-piece hinge with no pins/bushings? Would one of the hinges be worn out-of-round(as the bushings were in my other car) to where there is some “play” in the door?

I understand door alignment, but I don’t want to bother ripping everything apart to align the door, when the real problem is a worn-out part, which seems to me like what is happening. New hinge?

EDIT: If getting a different hinge, can I use one off of any other Honda product, or will they be different from civic/accord/integra/legend, etc? Any idea?

-Dustin

I’m not sure about the worn bushings/hinges. I just decided to re-align mine because after I bought it, I found out on Carfax that it had perviously been in 2 front end collisions & figured that probly had something to do w/ it. I asked on here before I did it if anyone knew if our hinges used bushings or not & got no answer, so i’m not sure.