Removing handbrake cover - Need help

Heya everyone! I was trying to remove the handbrake cover (or emergency brake, call it what you want:)) and while following what I can see in my Helms manual (taking off the plastic plate, unscrew the 2 screws, pull back) I cant get passed the 2nd step :bawl:

I have unscrewed the 2 screws sitting behind the plate, but they wont go all the way up!!! It’s like if something was holding em from the back (which is not described in my super helms). I am officially pissed off after trying for 30 minutes to get these 2 screws outta there…

Am I missing a point somewhere? Thanks

viz

i’ve taken that off before, and while it is a pain in the butt, it is possible. you need to use an impact tool. its a kind of screwdriver that you hit with a mallet/hammer and that force causes the bit to turn. it works.

well i did manage to get the screws out, one was removed using a screwdriver and the other one had stripped so I’ve used a screw removal kit and it worked fine… its just that the screws stoped unscrewing after about 1/2in was out of the frame… but now its all painted :slight_smile: I just need to go get 2 screws to replace those