Heater/Blower motor wont function on the Highest setting...

My 92 integra LS blower motor wont do anything on the highes of the 4 settings. Maybeee one day out of every 100 it might work for a short while, usually not, whats the deal?

i appreciate it alot, no flames or search shit. i tried, im sure someone can find something, thanks

wade :smiley:

maybe a resistor? i dont know alot on this, i jus build engines and turbo kits.

If this is the case, where is it, must i remove the dash?

thanks

wade

Its the resistor…Try a search, this has been covered a million times.

you asked this same question before and your gonna get the same answers. have you even tried replacing the resistor?

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86413&highlight=blower+motor+resistor

wtf mate, thanks spike

any pics of this procedure?

hey,

i dont think its the blower motor resistor…but u can try it.

the resistor module is above the white blower motor assembly. its black and has a harness with 4 wires (blue) i believe going into it. its right on top. if u take that cover piece that is below the glove box off, and get under there (with a flash light if its dark) u’ll see it. there are 2 phillips screws on it, if u take those out, u can take the resistor module out. hope that helps.

i dont think its the module because its only the module if the 1,2,3 levels dont work, and only ur max works. also because i know for a fact that if harness is disconnected from the resistor module, u should still notice that the 4th(max) level still works…

if its not the resistor module, it might be the connection on the actual knob that u turn for the levels 1,2,3,4 (or button if u have GS teg)…

hope this helps…sam

thanks sam, it took me forever to get any free time from college and work to test the problem. I replaced that resistor and same thing. so i guess i will check out the turn knob next when i get more time again

thanks

any more info would be cool if any one has any to share