Interior Re-trim

Hi Guys I did a search on this but I have had no luck! I just wanna know if any body has Re-Trimed their interior? :hmm: like has any one changed that grey carpet crap from the doors to something nicer? I know I could use the originall stuff as a stencil to cut new ones out, but how does this stuff go back onto the doors? I know you can paint the rest of the interior but wats the use if you have that grey ugly stuff to make it out of balance :tsk: I could always leave it black but it looks boring :bored: Im planning on Respraying the car Candy Apple Red, so I would like to give it like a Ferrari or Merc sort of feel :rofl: inside with a Beige/Red interior, and a Dash of Chrome for some Plastic Bits here n there, just for a classy look! :cool:

Any Help will be highly apreciated :wink:

there was thread a long time ago explaining how to replace the fabric on the doors using screening spline, but now that i think of it i may have seen it somewhere else. i had the pictures saved but i’ve lost them since.

Yeah thats Cool :slight_smile: but I think I have seen it too? :think: But im still, wondering if any one has changed the the whole thing for a new piece made from diferent material and colour? and if so how about the back ones? I have a 2DR! and I have heard that da back ones are hard to do? :hmm: and I also wanna do things like the roof lining and the carpet stuff at the bottom of the doors! and maybe get a new floor carpet :wink:

Thanks for your help anyways :up:

just a shot but have u tried going to a interior place and asking them almost anyplace that redoes interiors can put vinyl or leather on there

BRO Do you have a clue on how much that costs? specially here in OZ? I have asked for a quote and It anit cheap $$$ :shock: $$$$ it is a big bill you know? What I was thinking is, if you can paint the interior your self (from what I can see from Teg Tips) what is stoping you from doing the rest? the only thing that is stoping me is the lack of info available to me on how the interior comes appart? and what should I use? in terms of materials, like adhesive and other stuff :shrug:

i did the paint interior tip and it sucks if u do it in white dunno bout other colors though

Really? I thought it lookt good in white? :up: I saw the pics of that Teg and to me it lookt fine, I wonder how it would look in Beige? Coz thats the colour I plan to do mine, You srr Im after likt a Ferrari/Merc sort of look :wink:

I have had a few friends that painted their interior with that interior vinyl paint stuff. It looks good for a while, if you prep it good, and take your time doing a nice job. The only problem is when is starts wearing off, getting scratched off, ect. They also did the leather seats, and the looked like shit after they start wearing.

On that insert on the door panel, I have looked into that. The edge is stuffed into a channel. It’s not a removable insert like I was hoping it was, like the rear. So basically you have to remove it. Should just be able to start from like the door handle area and start pulling up on the fabric. Once it’s off, clean off all the old glue and crap so you have a smooth surface. The new fabric will have to be able to stretch to make the curve (the leather models use an insert that has 2 sections sewed together to fit the contour of the curve). Lay the fabric down and see how it will form to it. You will want to use a spray on adhesive like 3M High Strength 99 stuff in the green can. Or at this point you might want to hit up an upholstry shop to see what they would charge to finish it. But tape off and cover up the rest of the door panel, spray a small section on one end of the panel and fabric and let them tack up, then apply it. It will be easier to it this way that try to lay the whole insert down at once. then just spay some more of the panel and fabric, as you hold the unglued fabric off of the door panel, let tack and then lay that down, and continue till your done. Then you should be able to tuck then fabric down in the channel, and either cut your excess before you tuck it in, or after it’s tucked in.

The rear piece is a removable insert. just remove the rear panel, and you will see how that section comes off.

Thanks Bro thats The exact Info I was after! :up: with the paint didi your friends do bits of the interior wich you would come in contact often? like the door handles, window switches and stuff or was it just the vinyl stuff?

Again thanks for your help I highly apreciate it! :bow:

Those rear panels are kind of a pain. They come off but leave these holes all around the outline from where the metal insert was plugged through. I ripped the carpet off the metal insert, actually used bondo and spot putty like doing body work and fixed the holes in the insert and then primed and painted it. Can’t even tell it ever had holes now and it matches the front inserts perfectly.