removal of cluster glass

ok guys, i have a 90 Gs and i was trying to take off the glass that covers the cluster. i read on another thread that it just comes apart once you have the cluster out but this does not seem to be the case. It looks like the glass has been glued to the cluster but im not sure, im sure other people have had them off many times, so can someone tell me how to take off that glass.

you have to take the two metal brackets off the top first. After that, there are black clips holding the black part to the white. Remove them. You well than have access to removing the glass, if i remember correctly :stuck_out_tongue:

yup… there are two metal clips located on the top of cluster (this is of course when you’ve removed everything else)… once those clips are removed… there are four pushclips style kind of lock things around the cluster… (press then push kind of thing)… then you’ll have access inside the cluster…

Dont breake the glass its a pitch treing to fined another one with out getting a knew cluster.

lol i broke mine when i first tried… then i realized there were those pushclip things…

Man i was kicking myself in the ass.

It sucks ass man I’m still looking for a cluster most people want like $80 or more. Found one ebay and put a $2 bid.

I have one (93LS) with wite face guages. I’ll sell it shipped for $50.00

jeff.collins@volvo.com

Ha man I have checked out or trader reports and as soon as I see pix and like Ill send the $$$$

does anyone know of a tutorial with pictures on how to do this? im a total newbie at this car stuff but im serious about it, i have some gauge faces that i want to install but i am wondering how to open up from start to finish, im posting because i could really use some pictures.
thanks fellow teggers!

If you try a search you will get detailed info on removing the cluster from the dash. removing the clear plastic cover is easy as hell.

Remember to remove the speedo cable from the tranny before trying to remove teh cluster from the dash. Will save you the cost of buying a new speedo cable $35.00 and save some knuckle skin.

I have learned all this the hard way, it sucks real bad. But now I can do it with no prob. The key to learning how to do stuff is just do it and read how to do it first nothing I do but I hear it works good. The reading part for the most part I dont do unless I have nknow clue about.

Jeff I sent the money today.