X

what Honda steering wheel will fit?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what Honda steering wheel will fit?

I'm trying to figure out if any of the Honda steering wheels with cruise will fit and have working cruise in my 90 integra? My car has cruise so I want a steering wheel equiped with it so I can keep using it?

most non-SRS wheels fit (EF, 3rd gen Lude, etc.)

Comment

yeah, i think this one is from a 3rd gen lude like ElBor said...

it had a different plug for the horn and cruise control, but all you have to do is cut the one off your old wheel and splice it on and everything works fine.
      hope that helps
      -chris

Comment

hey chris, whats the difference in diameter in that wheel to the stock one? I like the way that looks, but it does seem huge......

Comment

Originally posted by cmcdani
          yeah, i think this one is from a 3rd gen lude like ElBor said...

it had a different plug for the horn and cruise control, but all you have to do is cut the one off your old wheel and splice it on and everything works fine.
          hope that helps
          -chris
          Sweet, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nafreak
            hey chris, whats the difference in diameter in that wheel to the stock one? I like the way that looks, but it does seem huge......

w00t!

Comment

Originally posted by nafreak
              w00t!
              why did you quote yourself and then go woot?

Comment

he was bumping it

Comment

ok.

Comment

Hey man,
                    It is wierd, the wheel does look to be a bigger diameter, but I believe it is the exact stock diameter. I think it looks that way because the position of the spokes covers up the turn signal/light switches. I have some before and after pics, I will try and dig them up and let you see a side by side.
                    later
                    -Chris

Comment

I have a 1991 Prelude steering wheel in my Teg. Yes, it is the same diameter, I am 100% sure.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I'm goin to the junkyard today... lots of EF/3g Preludes

Comment

Originally posted by ElBorintegra
                            I'm goin to the junkyard today... lots of EF/3g Preludes
                            Now that I know this, I'm heading there too . Lots of wrecked ludes in the junk yard.

Comment

It's a really good looking wheel, and a good way to get a Honda "H" wheel in your ride without having to search around for a JDM wheel. werd

Comment

got it at a junkyard today... looks great

Comment

Originally posted by ElBorintegra
                                  got it at a junkyard today... looks great
                                  was it a pain to install? i mean, someone totally noob mechanically could do it?

Comment

If I wasn't selling my g2 now I'd do this for sure. Saw it on another car and looked great.

Comment

Originally posted by vizi0n
                                      was it a pain to install? i mean, someone totally noob mechanically could do it?

haha... simple as taking out the lug using a lug wrench (same as wheel lugs) and taking the wheel out... then putting the other one in...

Comment

Did you notice that the rim is too close to the turn signal and wiper stalks?? I put a 1991 Prelude Si wheel in my 1991 Teg, and these things are too close for comfort. I will need to modify the position of the stalks.....

Comment

Oh, and at first the wheel made a mean rubbing sound because the connector ring has 2 lugs that did not line up with the 2 holes in the back of the prelude wheel, and the Integra cruise control connector did not fit in the space for the other connector very well. I made the holes line up with a drill, and I cut out the area where the connector sits, now the wheel is perfectly quiet. Anyway, the Prelude wheel looks so much better, I really dig it.

Comment

I still have to drill

It does sit close, but I like it that way...

Comment

I went to the junkyard a long time ago and I got the same exact steering wheel for my teg. I admit the steering wheel does look really nice and original with the"H", though it does sit really close too. Is there any way I can do something to get some clearence from the signal and wiper arms?....And I read something about drilling holes to stop the squeeking. How, and where do i drill the holes at?, because the noise can get annoying when you're turning the wheel....thanx....

Comment

This the steering wheel I currently have. I got it from e-bay for under 100 bucks.. shipped. It's leather and just a little thicker.. same size though.
                                                It feels way better then the stock wheel.
                                                Note:wheel a little too far back from the signal lever. 1/2 closer would be nice.

Comment

came on the Early JDM g3's that were bubble eyed.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X