Door lock not working right

Ok, I guess a couple of weeks before I bought my car someone tried to break into the G2. They didnt get anything but the guy said the driver side door lock hasnt worked right since. Its a manual lock and when the door is closed the lock will shut from the inside. But when the door is open the lock will not shut from the inside unless the door handle (on the inside) is pulled out atleast half way, then the door lock will shut. I have also noticed some light up and down scratches on my window that I dont recall being there like 2 months ago. I assume somethings bent or something so how would I fix a problem like this??

The door is supposed to do that, it’s to keep you from locking your keys in I guess. If you lift up on the outside handle you can flip the lock with it still open. Beware though, I got so used to doing this that I actually did lock my keys in!

So the locks not messed up? All you guys with manual locks cant lock the door from the inside when the door is open?? Thats a pretty gay feature if you ask me.

But there is still some things that are wrong with my door. I can hear a scratching sound when I roll my drivers side window up and down and there are some light vertical scrathes on the outside of my window. Also my door doesnt always like to open the first try when I try to open it from inside the car. But it always opens on the second try. What do you guys think is wrong with my door??

oh god… :tsk: