dome light Q

I was wondering why my dome light is extremely dim when its turned on by a open door but when I just turn it on when the doors are shut its actually pretty bright. Why is it dim when its turned on one way and brighter when turn on by another??

Is your car on or off during these times? :hmm: It might be brighter if the car is on. Thats all I can think of.

Check your door switches. The black springloaded trigger is what controls the power to the bulb (if I’m not mistaken). It may be dirty or loose.

Seems like that’s the cause.

I think that may be the problem. It doesnt matter if my car is running or not, when I turn on the dome light myself its twice as bright as when a open door turns it on. So do I just take that thing out and clean it?? What exactly should I be cleaning on it??

its the black door switches that is causing this. i cleaned mine because i had the same problem heres what to do http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/interior/2.html the only thing is that you have to do this every once in a while especially if you live in a humid place