Rear Seats Wet

Seems like everytime it rains, my rear seats, (mainly rear passenger side) gets quite wet and is starting to get annoying, plus it fogs up my windows soooo badly, does anyone know where this leak may be coming from?

How does the weather stripping on the rear window look? Maybe it needs to be replaced water could be leaking right between that and your window.

the strippings on the rear window are good, could it be coming from the trunk? I also have a trunk leak… the teg is falling apart, the only thing strong is the motor… hah ironic.

Do you have a sunroof? Mine leaks out the back of the sunroof tray and down inside the C-pillars to get under the rear seat.

Also it could be coming from the boot - check if the spare tyre well is flooded also.

yeah the spare tire well is wet as well

Rear windshield washer squiter needs a new seal. I had the same problem with my CRX Si

i had the same wet rear seats for a while tooo…do you have a sunroof?if so check the drain hose on that side. water fills the tire well and soaks the seats…at the very least drill a hole in the tire well for the water to drain

do ur tail lights leack ? if so the water is comeing in from ur tail light’s then the water is sitting by ur spar tire once u drive and break the water comes towards the front of ur car and soacks into ur seats i think this may b ur problem. same thing was happening to my friends teg and my teg also had a tail light leack. which let water into my trunk. hope this helps

thanks, but my rear seats were SOAKED, turns out I think it was the sunroof drain, it wasnt plugged in, hopefully that was the cause, i doubt the tail lights would put that much water into my car, but I will seal them when i get my new ones. Thanks for the input =)

You’d be surprised how much water can leak in through your tailights. I put altezzas in my g2 after i bought it and they had no problem with leaking into the car, just into the taillight (cheapies do that). When i put my JDM tails back in it i noticed i had broken the taillight seal only on the top edge of the seal. Everytime it rained for more than 20 mins my trunk turned into a lake. Bought new seals and its been dry ever since

my friend had this problem with his G2…It turned out to be his tail light gaskets…the amount of water that leaked in through there was unbelievable. It got to the point where he could hear water sloshing around in the back.

replacing the tail light gasket solved it for him.

i am haveing same problem i just fixed tail light leack but there is still lots of water in trunk where is it comeing from ?

check the sunroof drain plug, i just fixed that up two days ago, seems to be a lot better, now all i ahve to do is the tail light, and also, there is a drain plug at the bottom of your trunk, u can unplug it if u want to let the water out, but im not sure if this will allow water to get in, so caution. =)