Fittment of a DVD screen

My car is laid up for the winter in a garage which i don’t have access until the spring, anyways i was planning on buying a dvd screen for it this winter and i wanted to put it where the cd player goes. Is there anyway anyone on here can tell me what inch screen could be put there?

thanks

:auto: or :manual:

It’s standard.

do you want to put a flip out screen or mount an actual screen there that doesnt move? i had a clarion vrx935vd and its a 7" flip up, never had a problem with flipping it out as long as the car wasnt in 3rd gear. its a hot unit too…

No, Not a flip-out, I wanted one permantly mounted in, like a headrest screen for example.

picture…

the opening is approx. 6.5 inches wide by 4 inches high.

Thank you! :clap: :rockon:

how custom do you want to get? :slight_smile: the sky is the limit if you’re willing to do some fabrication. I’m in the process of molding in a 7" wide screen in the same spot (just gotta figure out where i’m gonna put the head unit). If you don’t mind chopping up the factory mounts/ console, i’ve seen up to a 10" screen there… thought it would be wild to do a touch screen to controll everything there, but then i saw the price tag (YIKES)
if ya need help getting it in, lmk.

I took the cheap way out to mount my LCD screen:

I just took out the mirror, drilled two holes through the visor, and attached two mounting screws through it to the screen. Has held up pretty well, and gets the job done.

Just my two cents :slight_smile:

– Kevin

My friend actually took out his ac front vents to put his screen and eq there… it looks rerally cool and authentic cause on one really does that… so thats an option i guess if you don’t mind losing the front middle vents

what size screen did your friend fit in?

is that a lilliput tv? i had one. it hurt my eyes. im getting a panasonic headrest tv and puttin it in my headliner where the rear view mirror should be.

Yah it’s a Lilliput, lol. Mad cheap from China or wherever. 7.2" with remote and all the needed cables/electrical stuff for $88 off eBay a year and half ago, they are prolly even cheaper now. But yah I’ll be the first to admit it’s not the highest quality stuff. But I don’t go all out on stereos/DVD/LCD etc.

Point is it gets the job done, works well enough, and everything else sounds great :slight_smile: I’de rather use my money for speed (or looks anyway).

I like your idea for placement for your new one. Post pics then, I’m curious to see what it’ll look like!

– Kevin :slight_smile:

I did the same thing but no eq underneath, still have the ac climate controls there, but have sick cd, eq, & 2nd bass restoration unit in stock headunit place with the lcd in the vents.

any din sized lcd will work.

you mean like this

check out the thread http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110262

Not exactly… that looks like where your oem stereo would be… but his is actually where the Vents would be so a little higher… Where the oem stereo would be he put his gauges for his three wheel motion ( only teg i know that thinks its a lowrider lol) :ghetto:

mines been mounted like white teggies for like a good year now i put my radio where the vents used to be my gauges where the rest of mt vents and my a/c contols. Then under my 7 in screen i mounted a game cube i will have to take pics it looks good as hell.

whiteteggy, what size is that screen? Sorry if it’s already answered in the other thread. Looks good :up: . I thought about doing the same thing, but I wasn’t sure where I was going to put the reciever. I don’t know if I want it at the bottom.