Installing center console armrest

I just got one the other day and I want to know how I go about installing it?? How do I find the holes for it?? Do I just cut out the carpet where it goes or do I leave the carpet there?? If you have installed a armrest in your teg’ that didnt originally come with one, how did you do it???

it is supposed to have marks to drill on, mine didn’t. I cut the carpet, lined up the armrest where I wanted it, and then ran in 4 self-tapping screws. it is very solid.

i think i still the orignal instructions for the armrest, i just need to find someone with a scanner

Well I figure I’m going to have to drill some holes or use self taping screws. What I’m confused about is how do I bolt it down with the carpet in the way?? The screws should be hidden under the carpet so how do I tighten them down with the carpet over them??? I’m not trying to take out a seat or anything to get underneath the carpet.

cut the carpet. try to take out the cover for the e-brake, and cut from there. The instructions tell you to do that. Align the armrest all the way back, parallel to the ebrake cover. Peel the carpet back, place the armrest where you want it and (I drilled only the 2 rear holes, i’ll do the other 2front in the spring). The self-tapping screws weren’t tapping, so I drilled and then screwed them in. Drilling was a bitch, that’s some tough steel down there.

i know this is kind of off topic but does anyone have a JDM armrest for sale??