Help---------86-89 Accord Armrest

I found an armrest out of an 86-89 Accord for sale. Not sure if it will fit my 1990 Integra GS. Any help will be a great service. Please Help.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

If you find a way to fit it LMK, There’s a 1989 Honda Accord Coupe with the same color and trim interior as my DB1 (black leather).

The Accord is in my backyard because my brother got it for free and it has a blown motor so he’s gonna junk it.

looks like u’ll have to do some cutting on it and fab up mounting points so it fits over the ebrake console/rear ashtray. but anything is possible i guess

From my knowledge, there is enough clearance for the emergency brake but I may need to remove the rear ashtray door, which is no big deal considering I don’t smoke. From the pictures it seems as though the rear of the console slips over that section leaving no opening for the ashtray to function. After I purchase it, I will let you know how it goes and provide pictures. Thanks for the help.

ok, but we didnt help you :ok: .

Yea post picture’s and direction’s of how you do it, Im tired of my little dinky arm rest :hmm:

Armrest scharmrest…

This would be an intersting alternative though.

You’re wrong to an extent. As hard as it is finding an armrest for the G2, it’s also that hard to find an armrest for a 3G Accord. :smiley:

Well what I meant was instead of looking into one market (The G2 Integras) there would be two markets (G2 Integras, G3 Accords) :wink:

G3 Accord in my backyard with black leather interior waiting to go to the junkyard.

So if it does work im taking out the armrest and probably gonna sell my stock retarded looking armrest.

In case you are waiting for me to tell you whether or not it works, I suggest you just grab that armrest before you loose your chance. Better to take it and then find out that it doesn’t work than to find out it does and you no longer have it.

Good Idea, ill take it out today :idea:

why dont, both of you try it and see if it works… and please let me know
i would want to get that alternative

there are tons of these accords in the junkyard… i think the ex model have it

Well, I lost the auction by $2. Thus I don’t have the armrest to fiddle around with. Through the calls I have made to experts, I have been told the armrest will install much the same way as the ones out of the CRX. Give it a shot, you have nothing to loose.

will the auto seatbelts clear it?

its sooo ugly…

well, they do have auto seatbelts…

Sooo today i walk out to the Honda to take out the armrest and it’s a center console type that connects to everything…not the same type in the picture, so im still with my little floppy armrest :corn:

ahhh…sux…

well make something up dood… you said you wanted to learn about your car…try and custom fit it over christmas break

Eh, ill leave it there since the leather top of it is totally screwed up, like a chunk of foam is missing allover it in spots…lost cause :violin:

:think:

a friend of mine had an 89 Accord LXi for a couple years, no auto seatbelts in that. It did have the seatbelts attached to the door, which they sort of considered automatic since you could leave them buckled and try to slide in and out under them.