reverse gauge install

i bought some reverse indiglo gauges like these http://g2ic.com/artwork/gauges.jpg
and i was wondering what to do with the four wires that come out of them…1 for each gauge…i know they are there to light up the gauges but im not sure what to wire them to so that they come on when i cut my lights on…has anyone done this and know what to do…please help

sorry I can’t help, but are your gauges exactly like the ones pictured. I really like the font used and the red in those locations. If so can you tell be where or who you got them from?

You could wire all of them up to one single wire to start with, then if you have an aftermarket deck wire it up to the “illumination” wire in the back of the deck.

It’s called the Illumination wire on Kenwood decks, I don’t know about other companies.

i got mine off ebay for like 20 bucks and 15 shipping…not a bad deal…just a b***h to figure out

Typically those four wires will all connect to a central control knob or button that will control brightness and color. Then from that controller there will be a ground wire and a positive wire. Ground goes to ground (duh) and the positive wire can go to anywhere you decide. Most people wire this in with their parking/headlights switch, so that the gauges light up when the headlights are on. You can also wire the gauges to one of the Ignition wires, which makes the gauges light any time the key is on. Up to you.

Good luck

i did mine to the dash dimmer swich. i have those. and paid similar off ebay. mine came to a box, and the box when to the blue green switch and to the ground and power.

warning: i broke my temperature needle on the instalation and after a year my gauges went out. so after getting an aftermarket temp gauge i now decided to but in leds instead of more cheap gauges. and my last suggestion is use UV paint on the needles and change the blubs to UV leds

If you wire to the dimmer make sure you are on the wire that leads into the switch, not the wire after it (which gets dimmed). You do not want to run lower voltage to the gauges.

right on. :up:

many provinces (and states) claim these gauges as illegal interior lighting… i wired them to a separate switch that i can turn off at any time… if you turn them off, and brighten up the dash lights, the white faces show up pretty good without the illumination… plus when you’re on a dark dark road, i find that these guages blaring light into your face makes it harder to see when it’s pitch black… so having a separate switch might be the best idea for you…
peace

just curious but i never undrstood why they call them reverse gauges(whats reverse about them) . can some one fill me in on this. tia Nick

original indiglos lit the white face and the numbers were just printed black. The reverse ones have lit numbers, the way most cars are stock.

those look like the original acautotechnic gauges… had em on my civic… really nice product.