X

Seatbelt won't move?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seatbelt won't move?

I searched for the last hour on seatbelt problems but none of them seem the same as mine.

Ok it just started all of the sudden, the belt went forward like it supposed to when I opened door then I closed it when I got back in and it didn't go back. I checked the fuse its still good. I can move it with my hands but it is hard but then when I open door back up it goes back forward again so I don't think its the switch in the door, but then it won't go back once its forward. If I can't figure it out I probably take to the dealer since they got warrentys but if someone could help I would appreciate it. TIA Nick

Bump I would like to know too. My passenger side belt doesnt slide at all. What could be the problem and what should I check?

Comment

Check the 'L' bracket in the doorjam. It is the sensor that let's everything know the door is closed. If not that, then maybe the seatbelt cpu in the passenger floorboard?

Comment

Hey I just found out honda/acura hold lifetime warranty on seatbelts. Theyre fixing it for free no questions asked.

Comment

It's not just Honda. ALL car manufacturers have to warranty seat belts for life.

Comment

So much for Acura trying to fix it. I just bought my car this week. They say the previous owner tampered with the wiring and cant help me at all.

Comment

whoa, i was having the same problem with my driver side seatbelt when i first bought my integra. if you pull the rear side plastic piece off, (the piece on the sides of the rear seat), you can easily get to the motor of the seatbelt. all it turned out to be with mine was one of the plugs was not all the way clipped in. i pulled both of the plugs out, blew them out, then put them back in making sure they clipped all the way in, and have never had the problem since. id do this anyways. obviously the dealer saw something they didnt like...pull that intrerior piece out and check it out and see whats going on in there.
              good luck!
              kyle

Comment

Yeah I checked every single component of the seatbelt system this morning. I just pretty much manually cranked the seatbelt to the back position and yanked the computer out of the passenger kick panel. Instant manual belts.

Of course I wouldnt recommend what I did to anyone. I just did it cause I hate auto seatbelts.

Comment

well i changed the control box down on the passenger side behind kick panel that wasnt it and it cant be the motor it self because i can manually push the belt clip most of the way back but then when i open door it goes down like it is supposed to, but then it wont go back, any more help would be appreciated thanks nick

Comment

white teggy: you should definitely just take it to the dealer. Unless its something as simple as a fuse or a wire that came unplugged.... its not worth your time to troubleshoot when Honda will do it for free.

Whoa its len2: Not sure if you ever figured out what component was bad... or if you care. But soon I'm going to have a complete set of auto seatbelts for sale if you need 'em.

Comment

mine doesnt come back out when i open the door, only the passenger side though

Comment

i am going to try and call the acura dealer up tommorow and see what they say/make an appointment

MattyG2 at least urs stays in the closed position i am just waiting to get a ticket for no belt then have the stupid cop right me up for havin loud exaust/this and that ohhh thats not legal. i prefer to just stay away from the cops lol

Comment

i feel you white_teggy...my passenger seat belt is having problems as well it jus stays in the forward position...i try to stay away frm them police also...

I WISH THAT SOMEONE NEW AND WOULD HELP ME IN THE OTHER THREADS I'VE POSTED IN...
                          Last edited by 91'iNtEgMaN; 14 Dec 2004, 00:49:22.

Comment

just made an appointment to the acura service department he said that i will have to bring it in so they can do a dianogstic on it which is $92 and then i might have to bring it back again at a later date if they dont have parts

Comment

Originally posted by white_teggy
                              just made an appointment to the acura service department he said that i will have to bring it in so they can do a dianogstic on it which is $92 and then i might have to bring it back again at a later date if they dont have parts
                              what?? diagnostic?? This is the first I've heard of the dealer charging for seatbelts. I know they did mine for free, and everyone else I've talked to who has had acura replace a part of their seatbelt system said it was free... completely free, diagnostic, labor, and parts.

Comment

really i am going to have to talk to them about that hmmmmmm trying to rip me off are they lol all car companies are suppose to warrenty the seat belts because of safety and what not right, i am going to call back up in the morning and see what they say

Comment

dealers -are trained to rip you off

it not even worth telling the stories

Comment

a miracle just happened today, my friend(ricoh_x) on here sat in the seat and the seatbelt works again amazingly after all this time it didnt work

Comment

Originally posted by MattyG2
                                      a miracle just happened today, my friend(ricoh_x) on here sat in the seat and the seatbelt works again amazingly after all this time it didnt work

is he like "big" or sumthing? so i know like maybe it could use some pressure some where...or did he like move a certain way???

Comment

no hes not big at all, all he did was get in and sit down, i was in shock when it worked again, btw where do you live in southern california?

Comment

yea...in so. cali...in west covina

Comment

oh ok i live near down town la

Comment

oh..do u know where dat is tho?

Comment

Originally posted by 91'iNtEgMaN
                                                oh..do u know where dat is tho?
                                                yeah i used to work at the west covina mall

Comment

I had the same problem and reason behind it was the rubber seal that lines the whole frame was SLIGHTLY pushed in..which tripped the sensor...and wouldnt let the thingy move...so adjust that slip...and make sure nothing is holding it back...............holy crap...I havent even read to see if u fixed it or not...if u did...Great! If u didnt...well u got my 2 cents!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X