Which armrest is better???

I’m sick of not having a armrest in my Teg’. When I had my Ecipse I practicaly leaned on the armrest all the time and now it feels weird not to have one. I was wondering which of the 2 different styles is the more comfortable armrest, the center console one or the one that bolts to the seat?? I know the center console one looks better I’m just mostly concerned about which is the more comfortable one. Has anyone owned both styles??? If so, which one did you like better??

So nobody on here has a armrest in their Teg’s?? :shrug: :think:

i have the center one but it doesnt really work tryng to rest /shift

its good to have on long trips tho when u dont need to shift

i have the retarded looking one thats on the side of the drivers seat, its black leather :stuck_out_tongue: , anyways alot of people find the one i have comfortabe but the center storage type one i like more although i havent seen one in person, the one in my car is adjustable simply by taking out the screws adjust it the way you want it then screw it back in place it also moves up on the side of the seat incase you wanna :horny: in the front, my cars a automatic :auto: but there was a thread on mine awhile ago and people say its the right height for shifting :manual: :wink:

the one on the seat is probably more comfortable. The center console isn’t really long enough (it doesn’t come towards the front of the car enough) to actually be good to rest on. This unless you are like 6’2" and have your seat way back. I’m 5’9" so it’s bout average ( I need to reach the clutch) anyway, here’s a pic so you can see how back it is.

it’s a blurry sorry.

See, thats what I was thinking. Even though the center console one looks better it doesnt look like it comes far enough forward to really be that comfortable. I think I might try the dumb looking one that bolts to your seat and if I dont like that then I’ll try the center console type. I still would love to hear more of your guys opinions about what armrest you have and how you like it.

i just updated the pic above, and for some reason it won’t let me edit so… I’m gonna post it again and this time I’ll attach it.

I have the center console one, I like it. I rest my arm on it all the time (I’m 5’10"), I have a B&M dual bend SS, and I can shift through the entire pattern without moving my elbow on the armrest.

I’ve got the JDM/Cdn model armrest and I have to agree with the others… its just not long enough to rest your elbow there all the time…but it probably has to do with the fact that if they designed it any longer it would block the operation of the handbrake.

But it’s definately alot nicer looking and I love the deep storage pocket…

:giggle: well actually im 6’ 0" and i have the seat all the way back…anyone with a storage cousil one wanna trade for a black leather retarded looking one? it has a very small tear where the plastic meets the leather its about 3CMs long :angel:

:werd:

I have the same armrest.

no trades here, I just shelled out 125 for it.

Well I just bought one of the center console ones and was wondering how you guys with the center console armrest have it mounted in there?? Does anybody have all four of the bolts mounted?? Let me know,

Brian

on the gsr i took it out of there were 4 bolts…
then i put it on my car…
only had 1 bolt each side
so i used a washer+self taping screws…

ands hard as can be!

my car didn’t have any mounting holes or marks for them, so I just used 4 self-tapping screws. It is very solid.

Get the one on the seat as mentioned.
The center mount one is nice but when you got passengers, its like your at the movie theatre fighting for the armrest. :corn:

where can i get one of these?

for sale forum if you are lucky, otherwise Ebay sometimes.

There pretty easy to find, just keep a eye on the For Sale forum. The only problem is some people want to much for them and there not even in that great of condition(95% have worn down padding). I wouldnt pay more than 100$ for a center console armrest that was just in ‘average’ condition.

I just scored a really nice one and it didnt have any of the padding on it worn down, looks brand new almost. 100$ shipped :dance: :rockon:

I’ll let you guys know how I like it when I get it.

where do u find armrests for a 90 integra