Swapping 91/92 Steering wheels...

Quick question: Is swapping the steering wheels on our G2’s “easy”? Relative to other opertions, is it all that hard or detailed?

I have a 91 5spd that I just picked up, and my 92 5spd is going to be junked. However, I like the 92 steering wheel better, but given it has the Cruise in a different spot on the wheel, does it change how the wiring works through the steering column? Anyone ever try this?

Also, my 91 wheel turns really easily, while the 92 feels more like “no power steering” as far as turnability and road feel, is there a way to adjust this on my 91? It’s too easy to turn.

Thanks

I have a 93 wheel on my 90. All you do is pop off the “acura” circle piece, unscrew the bolt and pull the wheel off. My old wheel required a rubber malet to get off, so look out for that. The wiring is the same, there is a plug that goes from the hub to the wheel, easy peasy. Once you get started it will make sense.

Awesome. I’ll look into doing that. How did you get your old one off? Just took a mallot to hammering it back off the column? Does it have a bolt as well? Thanks bro!

As far as the steering feel, I suppose you have some choices. Drain all the fluid from you power steering reservoir, so it screws itself up and squeaks at you, or remove the power steering system. Or you could get a smaller pulley for the pump. That last one might actually be a legitimate one. Most people prefer the easy steering, i think.