racing seats...shit or da shit?

i got in this kid i been chillin with lately’s mustang and he has some reclinable corbeau seats in it and i barely got my ass in them, they aren’t wide at all. thats about when i relized i think i was too tall for them. it was slightly reclined but if i reclined any more my i would have been abled to use the 1/4 windows for side windows. they just didnt seem practical for anything other than drag. im only like 6’3 170lbs too. 34 waist…any1 my size find any seats they fit in nicely?

Mine fit fine, and i’m not too tall for em either at 6 feet. My friend is 6 foot 8 and he says they are fine too, and he has tenzo r’s in his car, and they are fine too. So i don’t know what on the go with your situation, they shouldn’t be that small.

the only seat i’ve sat in that is wide enough yet supportive is the sparco pro 2000.

thats going to be a tough thing for me …im 5’11" 220 with a 36" waist i wanted a spoon seat but ill never fit in one …

I sat in the itr red recaro seats. pretty comfy… if ya ask me… :stuck_out_tongue:

i sat in some spracos like a year or 2 ago and they sat me well. the driver was like 5’10 fairly big build so i guess they were for wider asses? i dunno my head was 100% supported too.

I know that Sparco (and i’m pretty sure any other respectable seat manufacturer) has different fittment of seats (ex. small-medium bild and large build seats) the seats you sat in may have just been made for smaller people.

yea sparco isn what im looking into now …but i want to test fit some of there seats and see which i like and fits best …

I’m 6’2 190 and i fit into my friend’s Sparco Sprints just fine. Takes a few times to adjust, but once you are in there, you are comfortable. Well I am anyway.

Corbeau makes a wide version of most of their seats, but you pay for it, quality wise. they make a solid seat that is better then the ebay junk, and affordable more then the recaro and sparco :smiley:

My friend has Sparco Sprints…not sure what size seats, but he is 6’3"…and 235lbs. He was a tight fit, but since it’s all metal framing, he used a few 2x4’s and a bottle jack and spread the sides out about an inch. Perfect fit now, BTW…awesome seats