Stock stereo "Code"

I was recently cleaning my battery, with the positive/negative detached. The next time I started my car, it worked fine, but the clock was wrong (obviously), and the radio read “Code.” The radio worked fine before, and I cannot push any buttons on the stereo. Certain buttons make a loud “BEEP” from the speakers. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Gotta either take out the stereo and bring it to the dealer, look for the number on the back of the stereo and bring the number to the dealer, or bring your whole car to the dealer and they will be able to find out the security number for you:)

Dammit, i was hoping I wouldn’t have to do all of that… Oh well thanks

It’s for people who steal the radio…it wont work w/o a 4 digit code…

Check your owner’s manual for a 4 digit code and type it in…

If you can’t find one, follow 4DOORTEG’s advice and go to the dealer.

I had to do this with my wifes montero. I took it to the dealer then he found the code and in like 5 mins I was outta there.

Just did this with mine. All you have to do is call Acura parts dept with the S/N of the radio unit and they’ll read you back the code. Not a big deal.

While your checking for the S/N, see if the code was written on the label. After I went through the process, I discovered that the code was already written by someone who had done it before.

The dealer I bought it from just got the car in from someone that had it for like 8 years or something, do you think he has that information? And this number is located where on the deck? (I don’t want to have to take it out and not find anything)

Thanks a lot for the replies

Yeah, they just punch it in their system and it gives them the code. I’m assuming the code is probably created somehow through a formula based on the S/N (or maybe like codes assigned to ranges of S/N).

The S/N is located on the bottom or back of the actual head unit. It’s on a big lable with the brand name and some technical info about the unit. The reason I can’t give you an exact is because mine is actually from a G4 Prelude (don’t ask why), so it may be a little different.

Some dealers put the stereo code in the fuse box under the hood. Check there. :read:

Some sites will retrieve radio codes for a certain price. You can try that, if you want. I did it a while back costed me $18, they checked to see if it was retrievable before I went thru the transaction. Trying searching in yahoo for honda radio code.

the code for my radio is: 45461 but its for a stock radio out of a 94 gsr!

Yeah, it seems Honda/Acura converted to a 5 digit code somewhere along the way. Mine is 32325

definatly dont pay, i have a good headunit and it was sent out for repair and decided to put in the wack8track player back in and i called the acura in my town who charges 25bucks to do it and u had to bring it in, then i called a random one in upstate newyork and they gave me the # over the phone

Any particular reason you’re bringing back nearly 3-year-old threads? :stuck_out_tongue:

hes a crazy seaman…lol:excite:

i have a friggin cd player from a 3rd gen. gotta call dealer tomorrow, anyways quick question…Did any 2nd gen integras come with a cd player? just askin mine came with this cd player from a 3rd gen

My 1st DB1 came with the stock OEM CD changer (yea stamped 1991 [year of car]).

I lost the pictures i had of it :frowning: , But on top of the din was the stock regular casset (year print 1991), On bottom like another deck thing but it had 6 buttons going across for each disk and a play button with a little screen (year stamp 1991) then a 6Disc CD changer in the trunk (no year stamped) but it said ACURA on top.

sorry i searched my simple question and found out that they do…:read: