How to disable clock light

i was just wondering how i can disable my clock light. i dont want the clock background light to light up wen i turn on my car lights. i was wondering how i can disable that light and still have my normal clock working. is there a wire i have to cut or sumthing? if so which one? thanks.

our clocks have a back light?

I thought it was just the numbers that lit up…

well i recently bought sum film tape and taped it over my clock so i can get the kool amber look. well i got the amber look and it looks nice and all. but i have 1 problem. it only looks nice wen i dont turn on my lights. wen i turn on my lights the number on the clock dims and its hard to c it. so i was wondering how i can disable the clock light.

well if you disable the clock LIGHT you’ll disable the clock itself…

then the amber film will have no purpose. The light dims for a reason… WAY too bright in the dark

really? i was in my garage at night and wen i start the car the clock light was really bright and nice. that was wen i didnt even turn on the lights.

there is one way I can think of. Okay u have your clock theres like 2 wires behind it, one of those 2 wires has to be attached to the light switch on the column or is a attach to the headlight wiring somewhere if you could figure out where you could probably bypass the wire to a seperate fuse/battery.

The red wire is the one to cut for the clock to stay bright even with your headlights on. It’s one of the 4 wires on the harness behind the clock.

you could rewire your fogs and just ride around with your fogs as your headlights, then your clock wont dim… but youre going to get flashed by everyone… the other day i had my fogs and headlights on and i was stopped at a red light. there was a car facing me on the other side of the road across from me and she was flashing her brights at me thinking i had my brights on so i started giving her all my light combos… fogs, fogs/lights, fogs/brights, lights, brights… it was fun for all ages

You liked when the clock was nice and bright while in your garage, but now you want to disable it because it gets dim while you drive… :think: And drive around with your fogs on as your headlights?? Can’t wait to see the thread about “Why cops gotta be dicks and pull me over for my lights…”

Arpunk, let me get this straight… you understand how to rewire fogs by splicing wires together, but you don’t know how to simply cut a wire? :shrug: People want answers not suggestions that will possibly get them tickets.
Sleepersedan, This thread was not started correctly but he meant to say that he just wants the clock NOT to dim. :argh: As I said before, there is a 4 wire harness behind the clock when you pull it out… the red wire is the one to cut so that your clock does NOT dim and always stays bright even with your headlights on. :threadie:

i didnt know what wire to cut behind the clock, so i offered him my suggestion. I got pulled over by a cop for having my fogs on and once i showed him they werent my brights he just let me go. sorry to offer bad advice.

:hmm: HEY I DID THAT ON MY CAR , IF U STILL HAVENT FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT , HIT ME UP AND BY TOMORROW FRIDAY I CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY WICH ONE IS IT .
OK
G2INVADOR@HOTMAIL.COM

:HMM:

You can always pull the fuse. But then again, I think the radio rides on the same fuse.

:shock: :mad: :wtf: :read: Why do I feel like I’m the only one who understands BootlegR? :wtf: :tsk: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY… FOR THOSE THAT FIND ENGLISH A LITTLE HARD TO UNDERSTAND: YOU CUT THE RED WIRE! :gunright: