Harness install(searched, this is new question)

Ok so I’ve got my racing seats in, they’re perfect. Now today I installed the new sparco harnesses, but my question is, what do I do with the wire that is connected to the drivers side belt. Should I cut it, or would that(as I suspect) cause the light to always be on for the seat belt. Also, I remember reading here a little while back about when removing the seatbelt assembly that is makes some irritating beeping noise all the time? That may just be with the automatic seatbelts, but mine are manual. So if anyone could fill me in with some answers, or send me the link for the post I was talking about it would be great. Thanks a lot, and I’ll get some pics up today or tomorrow!

Jump the wires. it will turn off the seatbelt light.

as in solder them together to complete the connection?

by jumping them do you mean, that I should cut off the connector and connect the wires together? how do i connect them? there are two black and two red… maybe all together…? help plz.

If you’ve got harnesses and you’re not using your factory belts anymore, just remove the seatbelt motor control unit (behind passenger side kickpanel). While you’re at it, it wouldn’t hurt to just take the seatbelt motors/tracks out.

How do you remove the belt tracks?

The kick panel should pop right off after you get the carpet anchor plug off. I forgot about the seatbelt tracks…when I did mine the interior was out of the car. You can get to the front of the track by taking out the A-pillar trim, but the rear of the track and the motor you’ll have to remove the rear interior trim to access.

nm, got it out. it was a bitch to pull off though…

Oh, and if I remove the seatbelt motor unit wutever thing then the beep and the light(on the dash) will go away, right?

And one more thing, If i wanted to merely jump the wires instead of removing the unit behind the kick panel, how would do it. Do I wire one red to one black? whats the deal with that? Maybe I will just play with it untill I figure it out…

okay, how about if you have stock seats and you want a racing harness in your car. how do you bolt it on. I know the sholders go to the rear seat belt thing, the lap belt (towards the center of the car) can bolt to where the stock seat belt bolted to I am assuming (correct me if I am wrong). But where does the other side of the lap belt bolt onto. Or do you actually need to have a racing seat to be able to bolt on the harness, because I wasnt planning on buying a racing seat for a little while… help please.