Rear Defrost Not Working

My rear defrost is not working at all. Is it possible that the relay went bad? If so, where is it located? Pics would be great too! Thanks!

What have you checked? What have you noticed? Does the light on the switch come on? Does you clock/radio/dome light/etc work?

Need more info…

I checked all the fuses, thats it. The light on the switch comes on that lights up the switch picture, but when you press the switch the activation light doesnt come on. Rear defrost isnt working at all. Clock, radio, domelight and everything else is working.

if you need an ICU (integrated control unit) I got one for $25 shipped

I donot know what I need yet since I didnt get any good replies but if it turns out to be the ICU then I’ll hit you up. Anyone know how to check this car? Is there a relay for the rear defrost? Where is it located?

up!!

I dont know if there is a relay for it but I know the ICU contains a “Rear defroster Timer” if thats any help.

did you check the little cord that plugs into the window? :wink:

thats a good place to start too… taking out your golf bag too fast and RIP no more rear defroster cord.

There both hooked up. I dont even see any breaks in the rear defrost lines… :frowning:

I rewired the fogs. Do you think that could’ve possibly caused the rear defrost to not work? :shrug:

If you did it accordlingly to the Teg Tips tip then I don’t see why your rear defrost shouldn’t work afterwards. I did the rewire too and my rear defrost works fine - it’s just that I don’t know if it’ll be a good idea to have the fog light and rear defrost both on at the same time because they’re sharing the same power source. My cousin is also having the same problem you’re having. Everything is intact, all fuses are fine, and we went through 3 different switches and the rear defrost still doesn’t work.

Undo the mod, twist the ends together of the wire you cut, and go breathe on the glass some on the inside of your hatch. It’ll either go away by the lines, or won’t. Also check for a break in the wire at the switch itself.

I have the same problem…it first started as the rear defroster working intermintently, but then it got to the point where it doesn’t work anymore.
the light on the switch is turned on and the plugs are plugged in… :violin:

Mine is broken too.

Do you have window tint? If it has been on then removed then some of the metal lines may have come up. Therefore it wont EVER WORK.

i understand that but the swtich itself doesnt activate. Even if lines were broken it would still turn on. I even checked the lines and none are broken. I have no rear defrost at all. Doesnt work or show me the light that its activated. I also changed the switch twice.

:werd:

I have the same problem. It started with my intermittent wipers where they would occassionally work and now they don’t at all. Now my rear defroster won’t work. No light or “click” sound when button is pressed. I did find this thread that is really helpful.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290425277

Mine does the same thing, its never worked. I’ve been trying to fix it for six months hahaha its good I came across this maybe I can fix it now