The sqeaks are driving me nutz!!!!

Ok, I recently bought my G2 and I absolutely love it. The only problem I have with it is its noisy as hell!!! There is all sorts of squeaks and rattles coming from pretty much everywhere but the dash. The doors make noise, the hatch makes noise, and who knows which interior panels are making noise. How can I stop this?? My old car was a Lexus so I want to try and make the teg’ as quiet as the lexus was. I dont race or anything so I’m not affraid to add weight with things like dynamat and stuff. I have a stereo that consists of a 1000/1 amp and a 13W7 and thats rattleing plenty of things too. How do I stop the noise??

Lubrication? But without pinpointing where they’re coming from I don’t know what to tell you.

Thats the thing, I cant tell either!!! It just seems to be all sort of squeaking coming from the car, but I cant tell were!!

you could try tape on the door and hatch latches. the teg will never be as quiet as the lexus though, lots of noise comes through the window glass.

if squeeking is coming from the dash then you can try to grease the speedo cable…a friend has a shop and went by there the other day and did it just to do it…before i did it the first time YES it was very annoying but now not a peep…

my car squeaks like a champ too. it seems to be the way with old cars. all noises are caused by vibration…if you can find what is rubbing you can probably lubricate it or stick it together to make it stop. all dynamat does is add weight so its harder for the vibrations(sound usually from speakers) to move things. Dynamat is also an insulator meant to keep noises(stereo) in the car and other noises(road noise from tires, exhaust, etc.) out.

My car used to squeek alot until I was cleaning it out and noticed that alot of the interior trim pieces weren’t fully in place. Some were just laying out or on top of their place where they’re supposed to be.

You said you have some in your hatchback, sometimes if you put some electrical tape around the U shaped hatch lock you can eliminate it. I think there’s a teg tip about it.

Like everyone else said there isn’t really any way to tell you if you can’t pinpoint the sounds themselves.

I tried the tape around the hatch latch and that didnt really do anything. But after looking around my hatch I realized all the panels along the back of the hatch arent really secured in. They have all the screws on top but none on the bottom. I’m going to try checking all my panels today because I bet you I’ll fing some more like that. Does anyone know where I can get those little plastic screws that screw into another piece of plastic that hold most the panels down in the back?? Mine are all missing.

Also, I got a ton of polyfill left over from a old speaker box I made. Do you think it would help out at all to put polyfill under the panels that are making noise. I already have one full layer of Dynamat in my trunk and figure the polyfill might actually help to stop the rattling I hear coming from the inside of my car. Should I try it??

The only place I can think of that the polyfill would be of any use is under the headliner. There are alot of squeeks usually from the headliner by the sunroof, just stuff some up in there and it should cure it.

I think you can get the plastic screw extenders at Home Depot or Lowes…

any auto parts place should have the plastic screw/clip things.

Just grease up most of the parts that has metal to metal contact like the hinges, latches. And buy a Honda Silicone Grease and lub all your rubber mouldings. That’s what I did and no more squeaks.

get a stereo system then you wont hear the squeeks :ok: , thats what i do i just crank up the tunes

Thats what sucks. I got a 13W7 and a 1000W amp and I cant turn it up because the louder I turn it up the louder my car rattles and it just sounds like ass. My sub a amp are basically useless at this point since I cant turn it up or its just all rattles.

yea that sux

you know i get a ticking/rattling noise coming from behind the dash. Some say its the speedometer cable. So if i just slap some grease on that sucker its gonna stop making noise?