Replacing carpeting in door

if anyone has a good way of replacing the carpeting in the doors please let me know i cant get mine to stay in. also i want to change the color of the carpet but not so sure of how to go about doing it or what kind of carpet works best.

A little time on google got me this… check it out…

http://www.stockinteriors.com/item.asp?Itemid=3&MakeId=1&ModelId=1

$129.99 for the entire thing…

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Carpets/Acura/Integra/ACC14990/19689

I would not go with anything from Stockinteriors.com. I requested multiple carpet samples in 8 different colors from them. Fibers in each just pull out so easily. Like take the carpet lie it on the table and run your finger over it with little pressure and you have a pinch of fibers sticking to you…I emailed them asking if these pieces were made for just samples or if they take the carpet themselves and just cut into sample size…They just cut up the original’s to make samples.
So stay away or in about 1 week you will have a hole in you floor from your feet.
They have cheap prices and this is a classic case of “Get what you pay for!”
As for A1 I cannot recommend, I was going to clean and paint mine but have decided it would be easier to just buy fabric and glue into place.
Hope I helped at all, buy I doubt it:)

if you read his post he is looking to change the FABRIC in the door panels. not the interior floor carpet.

If you search there are a number of posts on how to change it… ive posted a few myself… i changed mine to red… used a thick felt type cloth… however its faded with time and it gets dirty easily… i am redoing my panels this winter in a gunmetal leather.

thanks sait but im a girl :wave:

oh well… i gave ya the info.

lol besides i dont know that for sure do i… damn internet… you could be a 78 year old man named herbert.

Never considered removing it altogether? I found it to be more comfortable.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37309&page=2&pp=20&highlight=cloth

I was just trying to help…

well i used a non textured fabric… like pooltable cloth… which by the way would be awesome to use… but get it scotch guarded… so it was very comfortable. But i also couldnt get the glue off the panel and they looked really crappy bare.

Ill take some pics when i get the gunmetal leather installed.

N FUL FX: What was your method of taking the fabric off the door panels?

the fabric comes off easily… starting where the door handle pocket sits… seperate the fabric from the panel and just pull. Its getting all the glue off the door after the fabric is romoved that is hard do. I think people used laquer thinner or nail polish remover on it.

I didn’t use any chemicals to remove the glue. I removed the door panel and scrubbed it off with soap and water. I used a green plastic mesh scrubbers that you use for dishes or bathroom cleaning. I didn’t use metal because I thought that would tear into the vinyl. It takes a lot of effort and the vinyl will look bruised afterward, but I let some armorall soak into it overnight and it looked great in the morning.

Thanks Alot! Looking forward to doing something similar this winter.

Saint…you have your emails turned off otherwise I’d just email you. I was wondering when you re-do the door panels how do you apply the material so that it doesn’t wrinkle in the corners? It sounds like my material is a little thicker than yours and harder to work with (it’s automotive vinyl with a backing) but I’ve seen it used before cleanly. Any ideas?

hey there.

funny thing you posted… i just tried redoing my panels with a grey vinyl product, probably a lot like yours. it sucks ass. i got it not to wrinkle, but the panel profile is too sharp to hold the fabric in place. its bubbled up in the corner.

End result is… im going back to a pool felt type fabric, or i might possibly fiberlass them.

I hate to bring this post back from the dead, but has anyone found a good way to get vinyl to contour to the metal inserts in the rear quarter panels. I have been trying with 3m 77 glue, a heat gun, and a roller. Its close but every time it pulls loose around that tight curve in bottom.

i ended up using grey fleece in them… worked like a charm

excellent i was wondering on whether to replace it or what not, now i know how to take off the glue now its time 2 start strippin off the fabric. patience is definitely a virtue

if you soak the fabric in paint thinner or whatever wont damage the vinyl… then let it soak for a while… the glue should just release everything in one go.

rippin the fabric off and then scrubbin at the glue and fabric bits left sucked ass.